Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good soap to fight body odor

Silver Member

Good soap to fight body odor

Can you guys help me with recommendations for a soap that can help with body odor?

I am currently using Irish Spring and it doesnt seem to help

do you have a loofah or something else to exfoliate? personally, i like gel based washes - you can get them at the drug store or at bath and body works. all these places have washes for men. the odor is coming from the bacteria from your skin. do you use a good deodorant/anti-perspirant as well? do you shower daily?
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1.

i used to have this problem, the steps i took that actually worked =

#1 i trimmed my body hair. less heat = less sweat
    #2 as Annie's already suggested, i use a loofah. i vary body washes, but i normally aim for sweet smelling sports ones. this is out of personal preference but it might be a trick.
    #3 after a shower make sure you completely dry yourself, i used to ignore my feet and that would cause them to smell.
    #4 once dry i use a scented ( coconut ) moisturiser, just a cheap one, and i apply it to most of my body.
    #5 apply anti perspirant, womens ones seem to work much better then mens. at the moment im using black & white womens by nivea, it works great & it doesnt really smell of anything, so your aftershave wont get ruined.

To help fight sweating in general ( which is what im guessing is whats causing your body odor ) try wearing lighter more breathing clothing, and a product i use once a week = Perspirex ( http://www.perspirex.co.uk/ ) is absoulty amazing.

I dont use deodrant, just moisteriser, anti perspirant & perfume.
    Who dares, wins.
    Mythical_Suicide = "If you have had sex, You are not a virgin"

Silver Member
    Tea tree oil wash and a loofah. Tea tree is an antibacterial herb, which kills the bacteria in sweat that causes body odor. It does have a strong scent.

also just to add to what i said, WATCH WHAT YOU EAT!, your body exudes toxins through your skin... so i tend to think of it this way, if you eat crap, your going to smell like... haha.
    morning exercise also helps with this, when you sweat you get rid of toxins, toxins smell like ... well bad body odor. so if you sweat it out in the morning, wash off the sweat, what you do excrete over the rest of the day wont be nearly as bad.
    Who dares, wins.

My mom used to have bad body odor, she takes zinc and now doesn't need deorderant, but does use it anyway. Take a zinc supplement I know for a fact it works.
    "Reality is what won't go away when you stop believing in it."
    -Phillip K*

"Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves."
    -Carl Jung

Ty jetta, just read why that works on google, sounds really sound! im gonna try it out myself
    Who dares, wins.

Irish Spring was never good for me. Tone bar soap has always worked well for me.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by annie24 View Post
    do you have a loofah or something else to exfoliate? personally, i like gel based washes - you can get them at the drug store or at bath and body works. all these places have washes for men. the odor is coming from the bacteria from your skin. do you use a good deodorant/anti-perspirant as well? do you shower daily?
    Annie what is a loofah?

Yes I shower everyday morning. I use Irish Spring bar soap and some times use Old Spice deodorant.

Silver Member
    Thanks for the helpful suggestions guys.

I guess I need to change my soap first thing. And start using loofah (not sure what it is).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
According to the findings of a recent study, married women may find themselves drinking a lot more alcohol than single or divorced women, while ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that, when under stress, men tend to be attracted to women with a more curvaceous body type, found a new research, according to which ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Marriage and divorce are linked to weight gain among both women and men, and especially those who are over age 30, found U.S. sociologists. However, ...