When a girl starts acting distant ...... What should you do?

Just wanted to know what you all think is the best course of action when a girl starts acting distant. We can always sense it. Our gut never lies about it and it's a good indication that something is not quite right.

What do you do when a girl starts acting distant? Do you take a step back as well?

Do you try to get her to confess what is wrong?

And more importantly - has anyone had a girl act distant periodically throughout the relationship without breaking up?

Would love to get insight from not only guys but also women....

What would you say to me if I were coming to you over a dude doing that to me?
    Don't dwell on what went wrong, Instead focus on who to punch first

Gold Member
    I had it happen with an ex many many years ago. I asked her a couple times what was wrong, but she insisted it was nothing. After that, I broke up with her because I knew it was inevitable anyways.

I think you just have to be content never knowing what's going through a woman's mind, because most of the time they're not going to tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by quantumst8 View Post
    I had it happen with an ex many many years ago. I asked her a couple times what was wrong, but she insisted it was nothing. After that, I broke up with her because I knew it was inevitable anyways.

I think you just have to be content never knowing what's going through a woman's mind, because most of the time they're not going to tell you.
    Interesting point. So do you believe that when a girl starts acting distant it's the beginning of the end?

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean of Blue View Post
    Interesting point. So do you believe that when a girl starts acting distant it's the beginning of the end?
    If she won't open up about it, then yeah. Once communication dies, the relationship is gone.

Silver Member EmotionalCreature's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quantumst8 View Post
    If she won't open up about it, then yeah. Once communication dies, the relationship is gone.
    Excellent point, this also happened to me years ago. The inevitable did come and I had not put on any padding to break the fall. If the communication dies, honesty dies, and the willingness to fix things dies with it then there's hardly anything left. Makes a happier story than getting on ENA saying someone cheated on you and your gut has been telling you it all along.
    ďI donít love me, and thatís how I understand you donít either.Ē

Silver Member
    For me when I become distant in a relationship it is because I am not interested in the person anymore. Sometimes attraction/love comes in waves and I do not feel like expressing it as much as usual... but if it lasts for a long time it usually means she is not interested.
    If she is grumpy more often around you or in your presence that's a pretty big sign she's not into you. If she is merely just needing space, then I think it will be only temporary.

Silver Member
    Try to talk to her about it in a nonchalant way. If she refuses to talk about it, or says nothing is wrong, give it a little more time, but be light, carefree and fun, the opposite of clingy and needy. If it still continues and she still refuses to acknowledge it, I believe it means she has lost attraction and interest to the level she had been at before. The end is probably near. It's happened to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfan View Post
    Try to talk to her about it in a nonchalant way. If she refuses to talk about it, or says nothing is wrong, give it a little more time, but be light, carefree and fun, the opposite of clingy and needy. If it still continues and she still refuses to acknowledge it, I believe it means she has lost attraction and interest to the level she had been at before. The end is probably near. It's happened to me.
    Thanks Tigerfan. Did you talk to your girl in a nonchalant way about it? What did she reply? How long after did she end things with you?

Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Contrary to the common belief that online dating is only for the young individuals, the new research by two Bowling Green State University professors ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
How much are men willing to spend while dating highly depends on a number of women available around them, claims a new research by the University of ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that the real problem for unemployed men is not that they cannot pay their bills, but that they actually cannot get dates, a new survey ...