suicide prevention hotline in USA suicide prevention hotline in USA

Dont want to live anymore, but cant kill myself

I;m in a tough spot. I have no interest in living, but cant kill myself. I dont know what to do

Make it a point to live, REALLY live! Volunteer somewhere you are needed. Take a walk and smell the flowers. Say "Hi" to people you pass on the street. Adopt a pet and love it to bits! Go shopping. Have a good, long, cry and then afterwards, take yourself to your favorite restaurant. All of things will help you through a tough time, but it has to start with you. No one will do it for you. Life can be rotten, no one knows this like I do, but I refuse to let it beat me. I will win every time because I am not a loser! Neither are you so get to it!

Gold Member
    I know what you mean, I'm about ready to throw in the towel myself. My mind is racked with doubt, indecision, a sense of hopelessness and shame. I don't want to do it anymore. The longer it goes on, the more I doubt/hate myself. I really don't care anymore. I am completely lacking in motivation to do just about anything. I can't even decide on a Vegas trip, which would usually sound awesome.

All I want to do is lay in bed and sleep, or eat. If I didn't have to occasionally go to work, I might never leave the house. Depression....never had it like this before. Its' so easy for others to say, get up, take a walk, do volunteer work....all sounds good....but I had days that I could hardly lift my arms in bed.

It's been 5 months for me, my depression is not that bad, on anti-depressants, but I got up in the afternoon, went to work for 4 hours, came home, got on here, then went to bed for 2 more hours, then got up at 10 pm and now it's almost 3 am. I just want to sleep my life away. If I died while I was asleep I'd be perfectly happy with that.

And I do have a dog that loves me to pieces...it's the only thing...but even she loved my ex more!!! lol

I know so many people get anti-depressants now....I'm poor and only have to pay 4 dollars for them. So if money is a problem, it shouldn't be.

Gold Member
    think of why your feeling this way, for me i was feeling this way because i felt like a bad person but the more i accept what i did and the more i want to change the better i feel. whenever you feel down you can call hotlines thats what i did and it does a ton of good or come on here and talk about your feelings
    best way to get your ex back
    http://www.enotalone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=382247&page=1

Gold Member
    Well, I'm perfectly functional. My depression lasts a day or two, then I'll have a couple weeks of feeling fine, even happy. Then it comes right back. Doesn't really impact my appetite, workout routine, work, sleep, etc. I still make an effort to go out and do things. My dogs help a lot. There always so happy and energetic, it's hard not to feel better around them. I'm not big on drugs, so no antidepressants for me. Plus, I have enough knowledge of psychology to understand what's going on up there, so I reassure myself it's all natural, and it's better to feel everything rather than hide from them, at least in my case.

Gold Member
    If you look at my first post in this thread, you can tell that yesterday was a bad day. Today, I'm feeling pretty good. Probably because I ran a few miles earlier, jamming to my ipod.