Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

After 6 months ex wants me back but its too late

I guess this thread is not about asking advice but rather how my rather bad situation has changed in half a year and maybe give a little hope to some readers.

Here's my original story in March 2011:
    http://www.enotalone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=375712
    * She left me for someone else after 2,5 year relationship
    * Pretty much no contact since march.

Very short summary: today, about 6 months after breakup my ex girlfriend was waiting me outside my work. She had waited 3 hours outside for me... We talked for a few hours and caught up with each others lives. Turns out the relationship with the guy she left me for didn't turn out so great and she ended it. She didn't say this directly, but she kept hinting about getting back with me. How she regrets the breaking up with me and how good I was to her, she still has feelings etc. But I met someone else about a month ago so I told her that its too late for that now. When she heard that, she was devastated and cried. I actually felt really bad for her. In respect to my new girlfriend I said I can't keep contact with her (my ex).

It is funny how situation can change in 6 months, our roles are completely reversed. For months I was hoping she would come back and I would probably have taken her back too. I guess its true that they will come back after you have moved on. I do care about her but it just too late.

When looking back, best thing for me was going no contact with her, I blocked her from msn and changed my phone number. It helped me move on with my life. First three months was hell but then it gradually got better. I still think about her but it doesn't hurt anymore. When we broke up it seemed grass is greener syndrome and it still does, only the grass didn't turn out greener for her...

It definitely makes me feel better! Here's a victory march for all the broken-hearted who will eventually move on from the exes who wronged them! (And also bonus points to you for respecting your new girlfriend and keeping your ex out of your life.)

Nice that you respect your new girlfriend. And it shows life has a strange way of going.

Platinum Member
    I been there too. Ex came back around 5 or 6 months, or maybe more, and I was with someone, but get this... I was with someone I havent met. Me and this person connected well. Anyways, I gave up my ex for someone I never met...

She still kept trying, even after me and this "girl i never met" stopped talking.

5 years later she jumped at me when she saw my ex broke up with me. Now, single, alone, ego a lil crushed... I still wont bother with her. The attraction isnt there anymore, its like... been there done that. I just know now what I want and i cant go backwards.

It's unfortunate, but this happens a lot in the dating world.

As soon as the "dumpee" moves on, the "dumper" comes sniffing around for something.

Gotta love irony.
    "Patience is Genius."

Confidence is shown, not spoken.

Platinum Member
    Good for you for putting your relationship (and yourself) first.

Bronze Member
    Congratulations! I'm happy for you! You sound like a high quality guy and your new girlfriend is lucky to have you.

Thanks for sharing your story.

Hey Raims! props for respecting your new gf.
    "Where Soul Meets Body"

Cool post man, thanks for posting.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by raims View Post
    IWhen looking back, best thing for me was going no contact with her, I blocked her from msn and changed my phone number. It helped me move on with my life. First three months was hell but then it gradually got better. I still think about her but it doesn't hurt anymore. When we broke up it seemed grass is greener syndrome and it still does, only the grass didn't turn out greener for her...
    Great story. And that IS life... it's amazing how much things can change in such a short time. Great to remember when things are going badly. I always tell people going through things like being dumpe: just don't lose it. It'll be hell for a while but hunker down, keep your dignity and you'll come out smelling like a rose.

I also find it interesting that it took you three months to start feeling better. I realize it's different for everyone, but it's been my experience (through 4 painful breakups) that three months is about how long it takes me... The length of a season... 90 days... something about that time period, I think. Anyway I'm coming up on three months myself, and yeah the darkness is starting to lift.

Congrats on getting through it with grace and dignity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Checking and following the activities of an ex partner through social networking site Facebook can seriously interfere with a person's ability to ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Most people get divorced hoping to have a better life and find more happiness than they had in their marriage. However, a new national study by Iowa ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Brides who hesitate about getting married might want to consider having second thoughts before starting a life-long commitment, suggest psychologists ...