Why do women find fathers or men who want to be fathers, attractive ?

scared and alone

I like fathers because they are more tolerant of my own kids, and more understanding of my needs as a parent than someone who is childless. I can't speak for women who dont have their own kids but are attracted to fathers.

It did not work in my case, my ex was a single dad and yes, I thought he was going to be more understanding. I think one of the main reason we broke up was because of the kids. I am a single mum so for me is very important that my partner likes my daughter and understand what is to have children.

Not in all cases but i think it's also kinda like this...

either

1. She sees it (the relationship) as having better odds because she too plans for a family and him being a father or wanting to be indicates he's in that place emotionally as well and preapred for that.

-and / or -

2. It could be seen as a sign of maturity that he's ready to settle down and think about a family.

Everyone's different and that surely doesnt apply to everyone but im sure those come into play in many cases.

It did not work in my case, my ex was a single dad and yes, I thought he was going to be more understanding. I think one of the main reason we broke up was because of the kids. I am a single mum so for me is very important that my partner likes my daughter and understand what is to have children.

it's not fail safe. however, i find that most childless men in my age group are looking for more children, that's something I am unable to provide.

I see things a little differently..maybe because i'm childfree by choice and am not big on kids. But as soon as i find out a man is a father or wants to be one the sexy radar goes down...way down. But that's just me.

Im feel the same way about any girl who has that "urgent ticking clock" mentality about having kids and setteling.

I like fathers because I like seeing men good with their kids. I grew up without a father, mine killed himself when I was six years old. He never really cared much for my sister and I anyway though. My sister wasn't his kid, my mom had her with another man. And then my dad accidentally got my mom pregnant, but decided to marry my mom to do the right thing. He was never happy though, I don't have many good memories of him except when he took my fishing or to get sap for maple syrup. Most of the time though, he got annoyed though if my sister and I wanted to play with him. And then when I was six, he killed himself although I didn't know at the time he committed suicide. I wouldn't learn that until I turned 12 or 13.

So my experience with my father isn't good. So when I see a father who loves their kids, and wants to do things with them I feel a soft spot for them. It's nice to a man who loves his kids. A lot of the time I've fallen for a guy who has kids.

What IS IT about them that makes it sexy? Is it the caring, nurturing and responsibility, the not minding the child-like mentality that they have to gain? Being silly and everything?

It shows a lack of selfishness. I'm not saying people who never had kids are selfish (I never had kids), but sometimes people choose to not have kids for selfish reasons. I also find fathers I have dated infinitely more responsible than men who never had kids. It goes with the territory - you have to be a more responsible person when you have a child to care for.

It shows a lack of selfishness. I'm not saying people who never had kids are selfish (I never had kids), but sometimes people choose to not have kids for selfish reasons. I also find fathers I have dated infinitely more responsible than men who never had kids. It goes with the territory - you have to be a more responsible person when you have a child to care for.

I know a lot of guys who had kids precisely because they were irresponsible--i.e., too irresponsible for birth-control. And then they left the mother in the lurch, because they didn't want to deal with that, which isn't exactly selfless. Some of us single guys aren't fathers because we're responsible.

Archived