Went to a psychic medium and she told me this?

So i recently went to a psychic medium and she was honest and knew alot about my life. I told her nothing and her psychic ability is really good. She spoke to my spirit guide and he told her alot like in terms of why i feel ill all the time and in my past life is suffered from cancer as well as an allergy to the sun. Now i am seeing a guy for 3 years and we are serious.he even talks about marriage,etc.. i feel comfortable with him. But the psychic told me that my soulmate who i was supposed to meet in a previous life will meet me in this life and we will be together. She said my relationship will not work out and in 2 years time i meet my guy who i will marry and have kids with. And the guy i will marry will be divorced and somehow we will connect and i will fall for him more than my now bf. The thing is my now bf has already met my family and they love him and i met his family and they love me so i dont see how we would not work out? Also i cant see myself going through all this again in terms of meeting someone else,introducing him to family etc. Do you think what she said is true and maybe it will happen in the future ?? My now bf and i dont really have a spiritual connection,he doesnt understand me totally but im comfortable with him. So far she confirmed alot that was true in my life and i am 100 percent sure she has this gift.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you are going to take the word of a total stranger who is charging you money for this? People with legitimate psychic gifts don't charge money for their services.

She can listen to you and tell you any kind of nonsense about past lives. For example, she'll fish around to see if you have health problems, then fish around some more to figure out it's in your stomach, then tell you you were stabbed to death or had stomach cancer when you were an Indian princess in a former life.

Really, please don't make any life decisions based on someone who charges you money for psychic advice. They will frequently try to get you hooked on them to keep you coming back and to keep you PAYING them. For example, if you say anything where she senses your current BF is against paying psychics or has a lot of common sense or makes you so happy you won't feel the need to consult a psychic frequently because your life is going well, she will suddenly declare him not the man for you and say it is some some nebulous person in the future (during which time while you are waiting for him you will pay her lots of money to hear more about your future Prince Charming). Then in two years when he doesn't show up, she'll declare it is some 3rd spirit interfering with your life because it is haunting you and doesn't want you to be happy or whatever other nonsense she can dream up to justify things.

If you feel ill all the time, then you need to see a doctor and/or a psychiatrist to get to the bottom of why you do. Cancer in a previous life won't kill you now, but a real illness you ignore thinking it was from a past life just might. It may be a real physical illness that needs treatment, or a psychiatric disorder of some kind like an anxiety disorder that causes all kinds of symptoms.

Please don't throw away your money on charlatans like this who charge money for their services. As W.C. Fields said, there's a sucker born every minute, so please don't be one of them.

I think you are a skeptic and skeptic says things like this when they do not believe in such things. I however believe her because she has given me alot of proof on my cousin that passed away and his character,she also knew of how he passed and for how long he didnt want to let go while in hospital. She also knew that i work for a law firm and that i have alot of headaches and worry. There are psychic mediums who pay for their services because it is a gift and they have to make a living too. Not anybody does things for free now in this world. She has good ratings and i was impressed by how much she knew about me and she even knew as a child i was on my death bed in hospital..really now she didnt do any fishing about all of this. She has a gift and all im worried about is my relationship with my bf now.

I believe. Yup. I do. I think all it really takes is to get a reading from one really good psychic and you are a convert. I've been lucky enough to have met a few! One who knew that I was going to get a promotion and move away (I thought that one was a quack since I had *JUST* gotten a promotion... but, two months later when I was packing my bags, I had shivers).

There are definitely quacks out there. But... there are also a couple of good ones.

That being said, I actually also knew one socially. She was by ex-bf's best friend's sister. lol! We got to talking at a party and she told me that it's generally unethical to tell people bad things. She said that she (and most of the people she knew) would fish around it, but they wouldn't actually say anything. Why?? Well... for one, they end up stressed and in dilemmas like yours. But the other reason is that your destiny is like the currents of a river. You will be pushed and pulled in certain directions but that YOU have power over it. You can make alternate decisions and go another way.

So - I wouldn't go breaking up with your bf over what the psychic said. Because of your other decisions, it may not come to pass. And if it IS meant to happen? It will happen. And you can feel comfort when/if it happens because there is someone else waiting.

I think that's what you should take from it.

Psychics are not magical. They cold read, warm read, and hot read. Google them. Statistically/demographically speaking many of their "predictions" which are really guesses will come true, but they have not seen the future and they don't know what is going to happen to you any more than any other good researcher would determine. Think of psychics as people's lives researcher, heck some of them actually google you before you come to see them (see ones that make appointments, ones that need to go into the back real quick).

I do believe people have gifts of psychic ability. I know a few from a website I visit and though I often take what they say with a grain of salt it's proving to be more accurate than I would like. Keep living your life but if she told you you'd meet a soulmate try not get married before you meet because it would ruin your life to meet a soulmate and be married.

There are true some gifted psychics out there and yes they do charge for their services.

However, you have to be very careful about psychics and weeding out the legit ones and those who just know how to read you well. The psychic world is not for the gullible or easily led.

I honestly would not listen to anyone who is talking about how your life will pan out due to a "past life". And at the end of the day, a genuine psychic will tell you that no matter what, you are the one who makes the decision in your life. A psychic can only see/feel your current energy and where it is leading you at that moment. Anything you do off that path can lead to a totally different outcome.

As far as a psychic medium is concerned. What you described does not sound like a psychic medium. A genuine Medium can actually communicate to those who have passed on that are/were connected to you in some way (relative, friend, any type of loved one, etc.) That type of reading is a completely different type of reading. A huge difference and nothing like you described. And technically, they are not psychics, they can only relay messages/information to you that is given to them, but before that happens there is a long confirmation/validation process that you go through with the reader to confirm the identity of the person or persons that has crossed over.

If you are going to dibble/dabble in the psychic world, then you really need to educate yourself on the ins and outs of how things work. The good, the bad, and the downright ugly and there is plenty of ugly.

You may be better off just finding yourself a dam good tarot reader who can help advise you on the different routes to take that can help you reach your desired outcome, but again you need to educate yourself so you are not being suckered into a whole lot of fluff!

Also, try not to go to a psychic looking for a prediction that is supposed to happen so far into the future. Totally pointless...

Be careful....

i wouldn't want my future or my life to be read. If a psychic tells me about something that is to happen in the near or distant future i would have to ability to change the actual outcome because I already know what to "expect". Being aware of such things can drastically alter the actual outcome because I may choose to change my direction and make different choices. Or is it inevitable and no matter what I choose to do it will always lead to what was meant to happen. Am I making sense here, lol.

For instance, a psychic tells me that my relationship with a certain person I'm with will not exceed 4 years. i'm consciously aware of that so should I end it now to save heartache and time? Or should I do all I can to try and "prevent" certain actions and try to turn it around? or just leave it alone and stress silently in my mind??

What's meant to happen will happen. I'm just thinking more deeply about the matter, lol.

Anyway I want to be surpised. I like the element of mystery that accompanies life. I don't want to know about marriage, kids, financial matters, life expectancy, etc. I like the idea of psychics, nontheless, lol

Whether you are a believer or a skeptic, there is such a thing as choices and free will. And no psychic is omniscient. The total charlatans may read your body language even if you don't tell them much about your life. There is body language that we give off that tells them we are unsure or uncomfortable about a subject, etc, and sometimes we unconsciously start nodding, and when we stop they backtrack "wait a minute...it wasn't rob....it was richard.." until they get a "hit". I do think some people are naturally inutitive under the right circumstances, but what is dangerous is people who take things as gospel. You can choose to look over your shoulder thinking that someone better is around the corner and your boyfriend will sense your distance, and you can ruin your relationship and fulfill the prophecy or you can use it to steel yourself and devote yourself to making the relationship the best ever. You have a choice.

My ex was very loyal to the readings of a friend of his who claimed to be psychic. A few months after the beginning of dating me, he told me that this friend thought that he and someone else should be together and i was just a diversion. You know what? the "one" rebuffed him - was a friend but didn't see them as anything more, and he stopped trying in our relationship. Nice, huh? BTW, him and the "one" never ended up getting together. as time went on, she got married and had two kids. Actually had one first. and she never returned his calls.

Just be careful and take psychics that sit at fairs, etc, with a grain of salt and for entertainment value only.

OMG, I can't believe you are falling for this!!! I've been to psychics and none of the things they said ever came true or was true.I know their tricks by now! Seriously girl, come back to reality. Now are you gonna marry a guy your father's age cause the psychic told you so?!:splat:

Hi she did do a crossover with my cousin for and she gave me the messages coming from him. And even is she googled me she wouldnt have known about my cousin's death and how he passed. I am going to live my life as normal and not going to try to end my relationship,in fact im going to work on it more because i cant see myself with somebody else.

OMG, I can't believe you are falling for this!!! I've been to psychics and none of the things they said ever came true or was true.I know their tricks by now! Seriously girl, come back to reality. Now are you gonna marry a guy your father's age cause the psychic told you so?!

Hello, you have not read my post properly, she confirmed alot of tings for me,she knew i work for a law firm, she knew my cousin had died from an accident and she knew where he got injured and for how long he stayed with us till he passed. She also knew how ill feel at times and i dont think she is lying. YOu maybe had bad experiences with psychic mediums and that is your opinion. But im not going to live my life based on what she said,i want my relationship to work and the future is not engraved in stone,i have the will power to change anything if i want.

Hi she did do a crossover with my cousin for and she gave me the messages coming from him. And even is she googled me she wouldnt have known about my cousin's death and how he passed. I am going to live my life as normal and not going to try to end my relationship,in fact im going to work on it more because i cant see myself with somebody else.

Ahh okay, I didn't know she made a connection to someone who passed over for you. I will also say that those who pass over are not all-knowing and all-seeing into your future. I had a legit medium reading before and the person who had crossed over did deliver a message about me and some guy. At the moment of the reading, it didn't make alot of sense to me. However, exactly the same day after the reading, it all began to happen. But nothing came out of this guy. We went on one date and I lost interest quickly due to some things I observed about his behavior during the date and afterwards.

So, you can receive insight, but that doesn't mean it's absolute. And like you have already determined and decided....your life is in your hands and you make the decisions to create your own path. Good luck with your relationship!!

Hello, you have not read my post properly, she confirmed alot of tings for me,she knew i work for a law firm, she knew my cousin had died from an accident and she knew where he got injured and for how long he stayed with us till he passed. She also knew how ill feel at times and i dont think she is lying.

More like she said "You had a relative that died from unnatural causes" and you said "yes my cousin died in an accident" and she said "yes that's what they told me from the other side".

More like she said "you or someone you know has worked in an occupation that involves legal procedures" and you said "yes I work in a law firm!".

She probably said that sometimes you feel sort of down and sometimes you feel good and you are impressed that she knew that about you.

Let's hear about something she told you about yourself or your life that you didn't already know about because it hasn't yet happened, and it turned out to be true later on. Something very specific and unlikely to happen by chance that wouldn't be attributable to a lucky wild guess..

Jayded, I really wouldn't bother wasting too much time trying to prove to everyone that this woman is for real, because some people's ears and minds are closed. There are lots of spiritually closed off, narrow-minded people everywhere you go, but you know what your experiences have been and don't have to justify them to anyone. I just graduated last month from my first year of intuition courses and the information I was able to receive during readings was amazing. We did a lot of practice doing "blind readings" where we would be given a picture in an envelope, and do an entire reading before even getting to see who it was--and the pictures were of people we'd never met anyway. I ranged from 88-95% accuracy on those readings. Several times I even intuited the names of the person's parents accurately. I would never let anyone tell me that all that wasn't for real, nor would I let them try to discredit the exceptionally valuable information I've learned paying psychics to read for me. I would say, "Open your eyes. Maybe you're the ignorant one."

So anyways, a few things to say about your original question.

1. As far as I know, a psychic can read *possibilities* for the future, as opposed to one, set-in-stone future. For instance, she could tell you this is the future providing you continue on the path you're currently on or this is the future if you make choice A, or this is the future if you make choice B. So she's only given you one outcome. I have heard that there are a few things you cannot change, but for the most part, you pick your path.

2. She may be right, that may be the future, but how is that helpful to know right now? You have to keep doing everything that feels right in this moment, and when the future comes, something else might feel right and you'll make some changes. Sometimes information feels bad to us because we are just NOT ready to hear it in the present moment, yet in 2 years down the line, it might be exactly what you want to hear. If someone told me 5 years ago exactly what my life would be like now, I would have a panic attack. I don't think this is what I would have chosen THEN, but it's what I've chosen NOW. I would suggest forgetting what she told you, and continuing on as usual.

I don't generally ask for future information when I'm getting a reading, and I know at least one very talented intuitive who will never read future outcomes for clients. There's plenty of more useful things to learn about right here and now.

Jayded, I really wouldn't bother wasting too much time trying to prove to everyone that this woman is for real, because some people's ears and minds are closed. There are lots of spiritually closed off, narrow-minded people everywhere you go, but you know what your experiences have been and don't have to justify them to anyone. I just graduated last month from my first year of intuition courses and the information I was able to receive during readings was amazing.

OR perhaps we are skeptics and don't believe anything just because it "seems" true/real. Sometimes you have to dig a little deeper and find more complicated explanations than what's easy/works for you . I personally have had experiences that would freak people out if I told them. But even I don't feel like it's right to have a specific interpretation for them which would be biased by my own beliefs and thoughts. I actually did talk to skeptics about my experiences and though I liked to think they were "ignorant" to defend my dignity/sense of judgment, they gave me some very interesting point if views.

Sometimes when people respond like this...

OMG, I can't believe you are falling for this!!! I've been to psychics and none of the things they said ever came true or was true.I know their tricks by now! Seriously girl, come back to reality. Now are you gonna marry a guy your father's age cause the psychic told you so?!

...they come off more narrow-minded, and less as if they're digging deeper to get to more complicated explanations.

Sometimes when people respond like this...

...they come off more narrow-minded, and less as if they're digging deeper to get to more complicated explanations.

I admit, I do not know the best/most convincing explanations for every case, though I have my guesses. In any case, I refuse to base my life on a psychic's readings whose own life is full of problems/surprises. I stated my own experience in that post. I've been to numerous psychics who my friends claimed told them things as intense as the OP describes, and guess what? NONE of them ever told me something worthy of mentioning and the things they said if true could be "accidentally" true. For example, who doesn't know a "john"? A lot of them work with confirmation bias and use psychological methods to get the people believe in what they say. And yes, I do think that basing your life on future reading of a psychic is moving away from reality.

Yes, my post sounded judgmental and perhaps wasn't trying to "dig deep", but that's partly because I was very tired at the end of the night and just wanted to state how surprised I am of someone wanting to make life decisions based on things a supposedly psychic says.

Archived