Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

what does "i'll see you around" mean?

was at school and a guy who apparently likes me but is not interested in a relationship saw me in the computer lab, sat by me and started chatting. when he left he said, "i'll see you around." what does this mean? particularly when considering he has made absolutely no effort to see me. i know he is busy with school and work, but hrmm...?

It's just another form of good-bye. It doesn't mean anything and I wouldn't read anything more into it.
    You can make the world a better place - one person at a time.

Platinum Member
    It means he'll see you around school.

"I'll see you around" is a common expression that basically means "Later--I'm sure we'll run into each other at some point".

I'm not sure if this expression is North American or not, but it's quite common. It doesn't really mean anything significant and shouldn't be taken overly literally.

nice way of saying take a hike or letting you down easily.

Quote Originally Posted by istawurst View Post
    was at school and a guy who apparently likes me but is not interested in a relationship saw me in the computer lab, sat by me and started chatting. when he left he said, "i'll see you around." what does this mean? particularly when considering he has made absolutely no effort to see me. i know he is busy with school and work, but hrmm...?
    It has two different meanings:

1) See ya later. (Really, see ya later)
    2) This is it, nice talking to you. Have a good life.

Just another form of saying "bye, see you later". I don't think he meant it as he'll see you later and get together for a date (if that's what you were thinking, or hoping for).
    Inner peace begins the moment you choose not to allow another person or event to control your emotions.

Being honest may not get you a lot of friends, but it will always get you the right ones.

its confusing for me. why would he bother to even talk to me? he could easily just not have, i would not even have noticed him. i kind of wish he would just not.

i and i say i wish he would not, because i want something but he doesn't which just makes the whole thing feel like a tease. ugh...

Platinum Member
    He's just being friendly, and unaware you have a crush on him. I don't think he's intentionally teasing you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Contrary to the common belief that online dating is only for the young individuals, the new research by two Bowling Green State University professors ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
How much are men willing to spend while dating highly depends on a number of women available around them, claims a new research by the University of ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that the real problem for unemployed men is not that they cannot pay their bills, but that they actually cannot get dates, a new survey ...