Gift for guy: equivalent of flowers?

Celadon

i give my bf a bottle of wine or other alcohol, or chocolates, gave him a chocolate telegram once, which he loved, or had other chocolates printed with a few words, he loved that too, or i give him gadgets, men like that, or when he still smoked i gave him cigars or a beautiful lighter...or an engraved pen...

true, i have baked cookies and other things for him many times as well....or one time he told me what his favorite series was as a child and i got the series and made dvd's for him....or i made a cd with songs that meant something to me because of him or had other special memories for the both of us

Doesn't matter what you get him as long as it means something to you and its coming from the heart. Ive made cards from scratch, Ive given him IOU cards, like one for a foot rub, massage, sexual favors...etc..I got him cologne and he loved it, but everybody else did to which bugged me a little. U can do so much different things to say I love you..and whats wrong with flowers for a guy? Seriously?...When my boyfriend was sick back in the day, I got him flowers with a baloon that said get well. He loved it. You can give him like a yellow, red and pink rose, nothing to extravagant.

I second giving him food you cooked yourself. Okay it's something we put in our mouths, chew and swallow. But there's something appealing about a woman that cooked / baked something for us. If you're not in a relationship with the guy yet, I would .. avoid .. giving him something that he has to wear like cuff links, tie, etc. It makes us feel a little tied down, and awkward if we near wear it.

Guys like flowers also, but I guess most of all they like attention, seduction, so you could send him a nice "love note" telling how much you miss him, how you appreciate the way he makes you feel with your a kiss on it; giving them a nice massage, chocolate stuffs like these...

I have given my husband plants. A bonsai tree and a money tree. Both he loved and he cared for really well. Another thing I gave was a cookie bouquet. You could order one, or easily make it yourself. Especially if he's got a sweet tooth, my guy was over escatic with it!

I do his favourite treats and candies alot, package them up fun [the chinese takeout boxes from Michaels come in every colour, pattern and seasonal theme] Food and items of that nature always go over well with him.

Send him some naughty pics.

Unless they break up and those pictures end up on the internet... too risky.

The recent gift I have given was concert tickets. It helped when I used to work for a ticket venue company and got some sweet hookups to some nice seats.

I also vouch on making him cookies or sweets. Both my fiance AND my dad love my rum cake.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I get my own gadgets; I'd feel guilty if I knew you bought one of my gadgets because my tastes are so piqued that it's highly likely that it's not what I want, or will ever use, and it's very likely you paid more for it than what I could have got it for.

Baked goods sounds like a great route. So is lunch. And if you were to send me your new cute piece of lingerie, well, guess what we're probably doing as soon as we both get home...but that latter suggestion would only be good if we're already a well developed relaitonship...

All in all, you can't go wrong with food. But don't mistake quantity for quality - and even if it is quality, too much of a good thing, well, it makes us fat!!!

Archived