Question Unexplained bruises on my legs

I keep waking up with bruises in various spots on my legs. I can't recall bumping into anything. Could there be another explanation?

Anemia is probably the most likely culprit. You could either start taking iron as a precaution or go to the doctor to get a blood test.
    http://wheretheyoungwarrior.blogspot.com/

Bronze Member
    are they bruises or bumps...if they are red and itchy, maybe bedbugs...or you could be having some crazy active dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Firiel View Post
    Anemia is probably the most likely culprit. You could either start taking iron as a precaution or go to the doctor to get a blood test.
    funny cause this is the exact same thing that's been happening to me for the past 6 years lol. I always have bruises on my legs and have no idea how I get them. I am anemic so that probably explains it.

I'm pretty certain I was tested for anemia when I was 16, with no result. Of course, that was 10 years ago, so looks like I should get tested again. Thanks!

eh you may just bruise easy.

I would hate to say this but it could be Leukemia. Bruising, and anemia are the first signs. Maybe you should ask you doctor.

Here are some links:

http://www.medicinenet.com/leukemia/article.htm
    http://www.webmd.com/cancer/tc/leukemia-symptoms
    http://leukemia.emedtv.com/leukemia/...-leukemia.html

You could try going to the doctor and asking for a complete blood count (CBC). That will tell you if your platelet count and white blood cell count is normal. Also ask to get tested for Vitamin K. This vitamin is essential to the coagulation cascade. Also research idiopathic thrombotic thrombocytic purpura.

lol, I get them all the time. They are probably not as unexplained as you think. You probably just bumped into something and don't remember.

Sleep walking where you get in jackie chan-like fights with your closet?!
    "The point is, acceptance is the magic answer. Accept who you are, who she is, the situation, how things will likely turn out--and that takes away the pain that comes from wanting to change something." - CrapAtNC

"They just want you as a friend so they can ween themselves off you. They want their cake and eat it too. So I chose to shove the cake down his throat" - Karma20

Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
According to the findings of a recent study, married women may find themselves drinking a lot more alcohol than single or divorced women, while ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that, when under stress, men tend to be attracted to women with a more curvaceous body type, found a new research, according to which ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Marriage and divorce are linked to weight gain among both women and men, and especially those who are over age 30, found U.S. sociologists. However, ...