Ex is really flirting with me....why/how to react to it?

He broke up with me 10 months ago, but I blame myself for the main problems (had personal problems leading to depression etc). Been NC pretty much ever since until I unblocked him on fb 2 weeks ago and he started speaking to me again....

At first it was friendly, catching-up etc, asking what I had been up to, then couple of days later he initiated more conversations and grew more flirty, making references to our past relationship, then days later he asked me who I had been with since the split & we discussed the problems leading to our breakup. The flirting continued making references to our past sexlife and him just generally being cheeky/making innuendos etc. Our convos last on average 3-4 hours & he speaks to me every other day......

Is this behaviour typical with ex's (he was my first love, so I haven't much experience with them!)? Is he just being this way to be friendly/only way he knows or do you reckon he is interested in me again?

I'm lost at how to handle it, so far I've been neutral/haven't really flirted back but now I'm back in contact I realise I do miss him & love him still should I indulge in flirting back to see where things go or is this how exes usually talk/behave once they're back in contact with their first loves? I'll be grateful for any advice/experience with these situations!

Thank you for your replies! I was starting to think the same but didn't want to get my hopes up..... however, last night he started to tease me/call me names yet still said flirty stuff inbetween? Today he has initiated another conversation yet has started to be blunt/stop talking midway through. Why is he starting the conversations just to stop/act cold midway through? ARG so confused right now.....

Archived