OKCupid....Married people on it?

Bostongal2010

Hi Everyone

So its been interesting seeing everyones feedback on different dating sites (link removed, link removed, plenty of fish, etc). I did the eharmony thing and got completely burned out on how teditious it was, and also, discovering that even though that site is known for people who are looking for a long-term relationships or marriages, there are people who are just looking for that quick casual dating but not looking for anything serious. To me, that was a disappointment since it takes over an hour to fill out the personality test and probably the same amount of time to complete your profile.

I have discovered OKcupid for the last few days and that married people were on this site. I wanted to see what everyones thoughts on that. Of course, it's great that its free but I think its pretty unusual to see married people on the site. Most of the responses has been trying to meet new people because I know its hard to meet new people sometimes with everyone's demanding schedule/job/life overall.

I would think people would go to adultfriendfinder? But I think that is more of hooking up....

Thoughts?

They did a study and something like 1/3 of the people on dating sites are married. I'm sure some are looking to cheat, some are looking for friends, some are in the midst of a divorce, some are in an "open relationship", some are posing as single people...

Bottom line is that there are tons of people online. Good and bad. Short and Tall. Married and single. Serious and non-serious.

I'm not sure that it's even possible to filter them out 100%. As far as married people, though, I'd imagine there'd be less of them on a paid site. Then again... maybe they are thinking they'd be less likely to be accidentally "found" on a paid site...

They're everywhere. LOL!

Ive seen people on there lookig to.swing and find partners to brig into their marriage. May be that.

For the record, i met my husband on plenty of fish and i still have my account thogh it says im married. Im on it just c i never deleted the account though.

I think paid sites are generally the way to go; especially the ones that do background checks and if anything make it tedious for people who want a quick hook up or a fling. I know eHarmony and other sites can be tedious in many ways I do believe it does weed out a lot of people who aren't looking for a long-term relationship to marriage.

It's really interesting how PoF stays free and why it generates a lot of income for the owner. The company knows that eventually people will try other sites including paid sites which they get a commission from. Someone, somewhere are clicking on those links which is making PoF richer.

I don't do online dating anymore because I find that the people online are mostly sleazy or married. Okcupid I have tried and based on my experience the reason why I stopped using okcupid was because there was alot of married men on there. If you're going to do online dating, I think you should try to stick with the paid sites, I found better ppl on there but, that is just my opinion. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived