whats the average time people heal from the break up?

Im not sure, i think it depends on how you felt for the person. someone you were with for only a few months could take months to get over if the relationship was intense and someone you were with for years could take only weeks to get over if things were fizzling out anyway.

Im on day 9 and i still feel like it happened an hour ago

first rlatieonship, 2 years high school, took me like 3-4 months..

second relationship 13 years, took me like 3-4 months, had a rebound

third relationship (rebound) 7+ years, took me till today, 3 months. Talking to a few girls from online. But took this one hard, But got closure today..

So my guess for me would be 3-4 months and all three ran deep with love, The secret is read and research, but dont dwell on it, feel the pain, and get closure.. Plus rebounds to help after you figured out what went wrong on your part and fix it. Plus if they are nasty and cold to you it helps out a lot like the last one... Good luck....

Im not sure, i think it depends on how you felt for the person. someone you were with for only a few months could take months to get over if the relationship was intense and someone you were with for years could take only weeks to get over if things were fizzling out anyway.

Im on day 9 and i still feel like it happened an hour ago

i know how hard it is the first month loveconned but it willl get better

I think it depends on the person. Everybody's different. For some people it takes a few days, a few months, and possibly maybe a few years. With me, and my most recent breakup, it's been 9 months since then, and I'm still in the process of healing. Even though I wish I could hurry up and get over it

I find the more break-ups you go through the easier to process the next one is...or maybe its just me. took me 2 years my first relationship that lasted around 7 months and my current b/u which was a year and a half relationship, 3 months in and I'm feeling pretty well almost there. I'd say it also depends on the individual and how much effort they actual put into moving on...some people spend a lifetime pining over an ex.

The main thing that gets me going is knowing I can always have a stronger bond with the next one and the lessons I learn from each broken relationship.

It varies probably. Just takes time and getting used to filling that spot with something else, like work or helping other people. I'm going to begin a celebrate recovery in my town. It's been 15 days, and I'll never go back. Sometimes I want to see what he's doing but I don't contact him or go near him. He doesn't even know where I live or work or go to school. He's out of my life. It doesn't mean I don't think of him every day in some way, but he doesn't dominate my thoughts. I won't let him. You just have to work on it, and you'll find out how much time it takes you. I hope you don't have to wait too long.

I actually just answered this in breaking up, but...

There is no average time. For example, it took me 18 months to get over the breakup with my ex, while other relationships took only a few weeks. It is the scope of who the person was to you that takes in account as to how long it will take. Dont rush it. The pain becomes less sharp, and you find yourself one day happy to be alive. The person who brought you pain is in the past... and you go on knowing that they were a chapter in your life that simply reached its end.

first b/u took me a year. 2nd b/u about 4 months. my most recent b/u i am on day 30 of nc and still determined to stay NC. i guess it depends on the circumstances. but everyone says it is all up to you how determined you are to move on.

my most recent b/u hurts me deep as i have matured through the years and still mishandled my own situation. but it takes two to tango. if one fails, other one should support and lift you up vice versa. without that, there is no direction. so knowing this, i know that this person didnt fight for me and so i should move on. take that as your cue also. pray pray ray. and like lovedhim321, join a celebrate recovery as it will help you heal tremendously. i was into one last month.

They say it can take just as long to heal from a breakup as the time you were in it (so if you were in a relationship for 2 years, it could take you that long to heal) I was in a relationship with a man I loved and saw a future with for only 8 months and I'm pushing a year now as far as healing goes. The fact is feelings are feelings and everyone is different in how they deal with them. I've always hated the advice of move on, or you can do better. You'll move on when you're ready. Try and distract yourself from it, keep yourself busy it sounds like this big exam might be doing that to you anyways. Just take a deep breath, be paitient and don't rush. The pain does go away slowly but surely. if you need to talk though I'm here.

I dont think you can possibly stick a number on it...id say it depends on you the person, how you broke up, the amount of closure you were able to give yourself, the regret, guilt and level on investment you had in the relationship....it depends on how long you were together and what happened......so many factors....i was with a girl for a few months and we broke up over the phone and i never blinked an eye lid, oh well cheerio and soon as i put the phone down she was literally forgotten.

i broke up with my x of 3 years and never felt any pain of that at all, she stalked me for a bit was the only pain i felt.....

and noe my x of 8 n half years, 5 months after bu i wreckon it will take me 18 months to be truly happy but i fear i may never fully get passed this in a complete sense of the word...i fear i was so conneceted to her that i dont think i will ever completely be over it...

my oppinion....you cant put a number on it as much as you cant say nc will bring your x back!

jonesy

Archived