Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gold Member

whats the average time people heal from the break up?

i heard from alot of people that the average amount of time people take to heal is 3 months with nc is that true? how long did it take you? i heard that after three months you just see them as a random person

Good question... I'm on day 3. It is definitely more than 3 days

Gold Member
    I think 3 months of NC should do it. Some other monsters out there only take 1 month (like my ex, and he was the dumpee but he's always playing victim).

Im not sure, i think it depends on how you felt for the person. someone you were with for only a few months could take months to get over if the relationship was intense and someone you were with for years could take only weeks to get over if things were fizzling out anyway.
    Im on day 9 and i still feel like it happened an hour ago

Bronze Member
    first rlatieonship, 2 years high school, took me like 3-4 months..
    second relationship 13 years, took me like 3-4 months, had a rebound
    third relationship (rebound) 7+ years, took me till today, 3 months. Talking to a few girls from online. But took this one hard, But got closure today..

So my guess for me would be 3-4 months and all three ran deep with love, The secret is read and research, but dont dwell on it, feel the pain, and get closure.. Plus rebounds to help after you figured out what went wrong on your part and fix it. Plus if they are nasty and cold to you it helps out a lot like the last one... Good luck....
    ......God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, Courage to change the things I can, And Wisdom to know the difference......

I'm still healing. Been 10 months.
    Guess depends on the circumstances really.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveConned View Post
    Im not sure, i think it depends on how you felt for the person. someone you were with for only a few months could take months to get over if the relationship was intense and someone you were with for years could take only weeks to get over if things were fizzling out anyway.
    Im on day 9 and i still feel like it happened an hour ago
    i know how hard it is the first month loveconned but it willl get better

I think it depends on the person. Everybody's different. For some people it takes a few days, a few months, and possibly maybe a few years. With me, and my most recent breakup, it's been 9 months since then, and I'm still in the process of healing. Even though I wish I could hurry up and get over it :/

I find the more break-ups you go through the easier to process the next one is...or maybe its just me. took me 2 years my first relationship that lasted around 7 months and my current b/u which was a year and a half relationship, 3 months in and I'm feeling pretty well almost there. I'd say it also depends on the individual and how much effort they actual put into moving on...some people spend a lifetime pining over an ex.

The main thing that gets me going is knowing I can always have a stronger bond with the next one and the lessons I learn from each broken relationship.

It varies probably. Just takes time and getting used to filling that spot with something else, like work or helping other people. I'm going to begin a celebrate recovery in my town. It's been 15 days, and I'll never go back. Sometimes I want to see what he's doing but I don't contact him or go near him. He doesn't even know where I live or work or go to school. He's out of my life. It doesn't mean I don't think of him every day in some way, but he doesn't dominate my thoughts. I won't let him. You just have to work on it, and you'll find out how much time it takes you. I hope you don't have to wait too long.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Checking and following the activities of an ex partner through social networking site Facebook can seriously interfere with a person's ability to ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Most people get divorced hoping to have a better life and find more happiness than they had in their marriage. However, a new national study by Iowa ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Brides who hesitate about getting married might want to consider having second thoughts before starting a life-long commitment, suggest psychologists ...