Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Have Ex's Facebook Password.. Curiosity is Killing the Cat

After never been told exactly why my EX GF broke up with me after being engaged and 4 years later, I wanted answers and manage to get her passwords to e-mail and facebook account even though she changed her passwords. (I work in the IT field so i'm really good on finding information) I finally found she cheated on me a week before breaking up with me and had the whole break up was planned for weeks (see my other posts) through her messages to this guy.

She has no idea I know anything or that I have this type of information.

shes telling the person all of my personal information as well as hers and it really hurts me inside but for some reason I keep wanting to check it to see what she is saying about me now to him and how she is doing (hopefully bad to be honest haha)

anyone else ever been in this position? I know if I read it I will just get hurt more but if I don't I will sit her and wonder

I have done EVERY other step to move on! contacts, phone, pictures, items, but I can't let this one thing go to heal.. I mean I am super glad I found it as now I have closure to heal since she wasn't a good enough person to close it for me.. but not I have this itch I cant scratch and I know its not healthy but how can I stop?

After four years I gave this girl everything she could wish for and she talks about me like I am the scum of the earth..

HELP

DON'T DO IT! I've been in that position. RESIST! NOTHING good will come from it, at all. You aren't scum. Give yourself a little credit, you've done all the other steps, now just use all your willpower to not log onto her Facebook. Good luck on your NC journey. You'll be fine
    "All is well in my world" - Louise Hay

"Oh what a day is today, nothing can stand in my way. Now that you've shipped out from under my skin, I think I'm ready to win."

11.2.10 the day my angel grew wings. 06.29.11 will be celebrated as if you were here <3.

Feel free to PM me!

Unless you have some sick passion for torturing yourself, don't do it. You have your answers, she was a cheater. Let it go, only then can you really move past this.
    I shared my spare on Feb 4th. Ask me about living kidney donation.

She cheated on you, what more do you need to know, and what would this accomplish?
    "When you start rationalizing and accepting a cheater's behaviour/excuses, you start playing a game of how low can you go." ~ Lavenderdove ~

Platinum Member
    She's a horrible person. Just don't bother with her, or her Facebook.

Hmm could you help me break in my exes FB too?

Hey sometimes the cat needs to get a reality jolt especially after an important relationship. Its not easy to move on so easily when unanswered questions are running thru your mind.
    Know that your ex needs to mature and whomever she is with won't fare better,people have ingrained behavioural patterns always.
    I'm on that No Contact Highway heading West!

8. 04-25-2011, 10:19 PM
    Reason
    Duplicate

If you want to get down to her level then I guess no one can stop you. But it is going to make you feel miserable. And do be careful ever considering accessing anyone else's private account as it can be considered misdemeanor if not a felony in some states. We aren't in the 90's any more. They take these things very seriously.

http://www.ncsl.org/default.aspx?tabid=13494
    [URL="http://www.enotalone.com/forum/forum-rules.php"][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/URL]

Thank you all for your words and fast replies, it really does help hearing it from other people! I will be bookmarking this page and every time I want to scratch that itch I will just come back here and look.

In my mind i'm hoping that I will go on there and she will be doing horrible but I doubt that is the case (she broke up with me, she cheated on me etc) guess it boils down to is if she is hurting as much as I am right now, even though I know the answer deep down. I still want to hold onto that last bit of contact.

But like you guys said, nothing good can come from it and I will be prolonging my healing process. This was my first real long term relationship and it doesn't help me being alone, on top of losing almost all of my friends. So I don't have many people to talk too anymore.

How do you deal with starting a completely new life with all pain and no one to talk to? The thing that I miss the most is having a female companion to go have a starbucks with or watch a movie or talk about how this guy at work was a jerk today etc. I guess i'm also curious if she's doing it now with him.

edit: and ya sidehop I do understand that it is breaking the law which is another reason I don't want to do it, and havn't told anyone else about it besides right now

but again thanks guys for keeping my head up, I love this forum it has been so helpful. I guess I got what I needed to know and should just let it go...
    Last edited by MeetTheVirus; 04-25-2011 at 10:44 PM.

This place rocks for sure so make sure every time you are feeling down, you come here to talk.

Wishing someone else unhappiness isn't going to make you feel better. Her unhappiness will come from her own Karma, I wouldn't be suprised if she fell head over heels for this guy and he does to her what she did to you. It comes full circle eventually.
    I shared my spare on Feb 4th. Ask me about living kidney donation.

I'm half joking and half serious with this- get a friend to change her password to something that neither of you will remember, then no one can access her facebook! and then when she recovers her fb you won't know the new password (as long as it's possible for her to recover it).

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Checking and following the activities of an ex partner through social networking site Facebook can seriously interfere with a person's ability to ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Most people get divorced hoping to have a better life and find more happiness than they had in their marriage. However, a new national study by Iowa ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Brides who hesitate about getting married might want to consider having second thoughts before starting a life-long commitment, suggest psychologists ...