I block all my exes on facebook unless we break up on good terms. I recently unblocked my ex fiance...we've been split up like...6 months I think.

I've had a new bf for 3 months and things are good.

But suddenly having his comments pop up everywhere one everything. BAD MOVE. and you have 48 hours until you can block them again.

Even if you FEEL completely healed. Unblocking = bad plan.

Yeah, I think even when we are healed and know it's for the best, there are always going to be residual feelings towards the person, once you have a physical relationship with someone, I think that's what forms all these deep bonds with the person. I think it's always going to hurt a little bit even when you know it's for the best.. My ex is meeting me today to try to get me back and even though I know I shouldn't go back to him, there are always old feelings that get in the way that I am sort of worried about, and I know if I say 'no' that I shouldn't re-add on facebook, too hard..

I've reblocked him!

Yeah, there are happy memories associated, but mostly bad memories. I know Im better off. And I dont miss him and I dont love him, but your right when you've spent a year with someone, lived with them, there are residual feelings of course they are.

Although, it bothered me a lot less than I thought it might. I feel like I've come a long way.

Stay strong Jumper. You know your better off without them.

I had a hard time seeing my ex all over Facebook, but we are working on being friends so I didn't want to defriend him. I just took him off of my news feed so most of the time I don't have his name thrown in my face. I choose when to go look and his page to see what's going on. And yes, I still look everyday...but it's under my control. It doesn't take my by surprise. It's definitely helped a lot.

Question why does one block an ex? I imagine it is part of a "healing process". Mind you I have no experience in relationships, at least not sexual, but isn't having the ability to confront the issue and accept your departure a healthy route, giving the ability to yourself to understand the break-up and move on? I find that perhaps having a relationship in part is understanding that you should not fear losing it either because realistically it may not last forever. Is this rationale a reasonable one? I find blocking a form of escapism, I find rather confrontation the real healer because it allows you to embrace fear of the hardship of emotion, which is loss.

Can someone challenge that?

Thanks It means a lot. I'm seeing him really soon. I think I'll be okay but just trying to keep the old feelings in check. I've really moved on but the feelings I'm keeping in check are normal I think. If he wanted to do this a month ago, I'd be all on it, he's just a little too late I think.

I'm glad you're okay. 6 months still isn't all that long so that's awesome you are doing okay. I'm at 4 months.. I found after the third month, that's when I made big steps in moving on. Of course that's when they always come back, lol, when you're done.

I'm glad you re-blocked him . I've just kept mine deleted.

Yeah I can challenge it. When I get my heart broken and a relationship ends. I can accept my part in it. I know in my last three relationships I have been with verbally and one physically abusive guys.

I know that I let my last ex treat me like crap and should have walked away. I blocked him because I hated seeing him flirting with his exes all over facebook and also just having him pop up everywhere was turning me into a mess, and I did whatever was necessary to have him OUT of my life, his toxic influence OUT of my life.

When it comes to healing, its about doing whats right for you at the time. Like now, I can accept I Wasnt perfect, it wasnt all his fault, etc, and I know WHY it ended and Im a better person for it. BUt I still dont want him all over my facebook. Brings back BAD memories.

I faced the end of the relationship, moving hundreds of miles back home, packing up my stuff, sorting out everything with my ex. Then once I was at home, I blocked him. I did not need to speak to him or have him in my life any longer.

I cried, it hurt, but Im over him now, with someone else and a lot happier.

I had a hard time seeing my ex all over Facebook, but we are working on being friends so I didn't want to defriend him. I just took him off of my news feed so most of the time I don't have his name thrown in my face. I choose when to go look and his page to see what's going on. And yes, I still look everyday...but it's under my control. It doesn't take my by surprise. It's definitely helped a lot.

See mine ended horribly. He basically called me every name under the sun, said he hated me etc. It was the 6th time he'd broke up with me. So I called his bluff and moved back home and he sent me presents/messages. But I had to stick to my guns. I had to block all forms of communication for fear of getting suckered back in again.

I cant imagine us being friends because he hates me for leaving.

Yea in that case, keeping him blocked is definitely better. There's really no point to maintaining that contact or awareness of his life. This ex is the only once I've tried to have a friendship with. And we didn't even end well...if you read my dating thread you can see how traumatic the whole thing was. He hurt me so deeply and in a way I've never been hurt before. But I'm also empathetic to the fact that he has a lot of issues that he hasn't worked through and that everything he did had everything to do with him and nothing to do with me. He was truly remorseful so I'm working on forgiving him. It's hard though because he's going through a severe depressive episode right now and it's turning into me carrying the friendship (yet again). We have this conversation SO often but I've just realized that he isn't capable of what I'm asking from him right now. So I'm not saying anything. I'm just going to keep checking in on him a couple times a week to make sure he's OK.

Yeah. I think your doing whats right for you, and what the best thing is. Every situation is unique. I think if you block an ex in the first place, its usually best to keep it that way cos unblocking just causes all sorts of issues, re opens communication etc.

I hope it works out for you

I faced the end of the relationship, moving hundreds of miles back home, packing up my stuff, sorting out everything with my ex. Then once I was at home, I blocked him. I did not need to speak to him or have him in my life any longer.

I cried, it hurt, but Im over him now, with someone else and a lot happier.

Thanks. I've never been in a relationship over 3 months. I understand if abuse is involved then that would provide me understanding to block someone. I can imagine it is difficult. But so is every good challenge.

I think everyones situation is different, and of course, TIME is a great factor.

I unblocked my ex after 10 months of being split. It doesn't bother me seeing her profile pic, her comments on mutual friend pages etc. At first it was awkward, but as we have kept in contact recently, and met up once, things like activity on Facebook do NOT bug me.

I think with a bit more time, you will like reach the stage of indifference yourself. Good luck!

You never know. Sometimes it turns into just a curiosity with no emotions behind it. Sometimes it's just better to cut those ties forever. It's nothing that needs to be set in stone this second. What matters is that right now, you are doing what is best for you. And if nothing else, that small window of time where you had to see all the Facebook stuff again just reminded you of how far you have come and to appreciate your new relationship.

I blocked my ex and it was the best thing I ever did. I then blocked all her close friends and it really made a few of them mad at me. I tried to explain to them I did not want to see the pictures they were posting on there pages with my ex in them partying together. They still did not understand. Some people are just retarded. I doubt I will ever unblock my ex.

I blocked my ex and it was the best thing I ever did. I then blocked all her close friends and it really made a few of them mad at me. I tried to explain to them I did not want to see the pictures they were posting on there pages with my ex in them partying together. They still did not understand. Some people are just retarded. I doubt I will ever unblock my ex.

Yeah, it sounds like your ex's friends are as retarded and shallow as she is if they can't understand why you had to block them. So what, cause those people aren't your true friends anyway.

Sometimes, I just despise empty party, party people.

Yeah, it sounds like your ex's friends are as retarded and shallow as she is if they can't understand why you had to block them. So what, cause those people aren't your true friends anyway.

Sometimes, I just despise empty party, party people.

No they are not. They are not deep enough to understand something this simple then to hell with them! I really don't want to be friends with them any longer anyways. Time to build a new life with new friends that don't remind me of my past with her.

Archived