Mother and Daughter Sharing a Room.

Smudude1

I would like to know what you think about a Mother and a 13 Year daughter sharing a room. Mother sleeps in the bed and daughter sleeps on a mattress on the floor. This has been going on for years. Daughter has never had her own room.

What are your thoughts?

Question is why?

If it's because it's a small house and that's really the only sleep arrangement available, then okay. sometimes stuff like that happens and you just have to deal.

However, if it's because they CAN'T sleep apart for whatever reason (maybe the daughter gets emotional?) then it's reason to worry.

Please explain further: Is it because there are no other rooms? Or are there other rooms available, but they choose the sleeping arrangement still? If that's the case, is the daughter somehow mentally/developmentally delayed, and requires more attention?

There are a lot of variables to look at.

I encounter this situation every other weekend when my son is over at baby daddy's; they sleep in the same room (though in separate beds). It's for financial reasons; baby daddy doesn't make the income to afford a two-bedroom home.

Is it ideal? No. But is it worth removing the child out of the home of a parent? Absolutely not. As the saying goes... "crap happens." As long as the mother is caring for the child and it is a loving environment, then it shouldn't matter.... Removing the child from a loving parent is far, far, far more damaging than any potential emotional damage that could occur by sharing the same sleeping space as a parent...

I encounter this situation every other weekend when my son is over at baby daddy's; they sleep in the same room (though in separate beds). It's for financial reasons; baby daddy doesn't make the income to afford a two-bedroom home.

Is it ideal? No. But is it worth removing the child out of the home of a parent? Absolutely not. As the saying goes... "crap happens." As long as the mother is caring for the child and it is a loving environment, then it shouldn't matter.... Removing the child from a loving parent is far, far, far more damaging than any potential emotional damage that could occur by sharing the same sleeping space as a parent...

I totally agree.

Archived