Realistically, how much weight can you lose in 2 weeks?

I'm a 20 year old female. Currently 5'4", 134 lbs.

I'm going on vacation in 2 weeks and I want to look fabulous! My goal weight is 120 (way down the road of course--as I'm just starting to eat healthier and work out regularly), but how much weight do you think I can lose in 2 weeks if I'm very strict about my diet and exercise?

Anyone have any tips?

Safely...about 2-3lbs a week.

Extremely...5+lbs a week but that's going to be unhealthy.

And also, just because you drop a few pounds over the next few weeks doesn't mean it's all pure fat. It's going to be a lot of water weight and muscle if you go with the 'extreme' choice. So you might be 125 by your vacation but you'll still have just as much fat on your body as today.

14 pounds is really unlikely in two weeks. If you starved yourself you might be able to drop a lot of water weight but after the first day of the cruise and a couple of buffet visits you'll gain it right back.

A better goal might be 5 pounds by the time you leave. Shoot to be 130 or just under it and be happy with it. Then just enjoy the cruise

I've found the quickest way to drop weight is a low carb diet, but you have to be very strict, and not deviate or eat large portions. You lose a lot of water weight along with fat when you go low carb, because eating carbs tends to bind a lot of water in your cells. I've lost 7 lbs. the first week and 3-4 the next on a low carb diet, but i'm a tall person. You could probably expect to lose 6 or 7 lbs in two weeks on low carb.

Well, don't be too extreme - too little food and your metabolism sinks. Too much exercise v. calorie intake, your metabolism sinks.

The number on the scale means nothing, so don't think about that. I'm 5'3, 137 lb., and wear a size 4 pant. Go figure. It's better to think size, I think.

My advice is to exercise in balance, eat lots of protein, add the supplements recommended in the Four Hour Body. In fact, I'd hit Barnes and Noble with a notepad and pen to take notes from the book.

[quote=AutumnBorn;4765701

The number on the scale means nothing, so don't think about that. I'm 5'3, 137 lb., and wear a size 4 pant. Go figure. It's better to think size, I think.

Interesting how everyone's body shapes are different! We're just about the same height and weight and my pant size is 8, but I wear XS/S tops

Shoot for a goal weight of 130lbs by the end of the two weeks. If you loose a lot of weight in a short period of time there is a very high chance that it will come back very easily. If you over-all goal is 120lbs, lose weight slowly and in a smart healthy way so that weight won't come back.

Archived