Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unhappy I'm a girl and I think I like my best friend (girl) help!

I've never looked at a girl and been sexually attracted to them, I only find boys attractive. I wouldn't look twice at a girl who's 'good looking' but I've been friends with this girl for 6months and we're really close, she's a year older than me & we speak every day. I get this weird feeling when I'm around her like i'd feel if I liked a boy? We always tell eachother we love eachother, we text all the time. I always just want to 'cuddle' with her but I don't feel as though I want to do anything sexual with her or anything? Could I like her as in more than a friend or is this just common with best friends? She also admitted to being jealous in two occassions where I was talking to my boy mates, but she also gets jealous when I speak to my girl mates? Not in a possesive way she never makes a big deal over it, but could she like me too? I'm really confused, do I tell her?

Platinum Member
    Its perfectly ok for you to love yourself for loving girls and you do not have to be ashamed of it, however society or your family may not be so willing to accept it. My suggestion is to keep it in secrecy until you are ready to come more out in the open for it. There's a bisexual,lesbian,gay forum in here as well, i suggest you ask for advice to them on how they'd handled it.

It could also be puberty, trying new things, not being sure about stuff...adolescence? Don't stress, it's normal. Sometimes it just happens. Unless it happens for a longer period and you start to get really attached...you're fine! Check the forums for more info, but I believe that you need to take it lightely, and with no rush .
    Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue!

I'm the first to admit that when I was a senior in high school, I developed a crush on my best friend. I wanted to snuggle with her and even kiss her. Now, 25 years later, I can honestly say I've never had those feelings again for a female, even for her. I don't know what it was about, and probably never will.

No, please don't tell her. If you're attracted to guys but this is one of those weird things, let it go. It will fade eventually.

Don't feel stress or shame, like I said, it happened to me and it's NEVER happened again.
    "Dark obsession in the name of love,
    This addiction that we're both part of,
    Pulls us deeper into mystery,
    Keeps us craving endlessly..."

Gold Member
    I had this ONE experience with my best friend, we were 14, travelling together and sleeping on the same bed, so we cuddled for a whole night, and it felt a little different, as if there was more supposed to happen (we didn't even kiss). never again, with no other female.

puberty is a good explanation to that, your hormones are bubbling up, and all. jealousy is common between friends, even more close ones that speak everyday about everything - it starts feeling like you owe each other emotional loyalty. and yeah, probably she is just as confused as you are (many years later me and my friend spoke about what happened and we both agreed it was just a funny teenager moment to be laughed at - she's engaged now, and I'm still looking for MR. Right).
    it's easy, like 1,2,3...

perhaps the answer to the question lies in the question...

hello..! great that i found this forum.. i have the same situation now.. i am 26 years old and have a boyfriend for 3 years.. now i am away from him coz of work. then i met this girl, she's 30 y/o (co-work) and she bacame my best friend..she is very nice to me, she makes me laugh and i tolerate her mood swings and i care for her a lot. i love being with her all the time, and i almost forgot to text/call my boyfriend because i am always with her. we enjoy each other's company.. we share secrets and all. she also have her boyfriend but like me, she is far away because of work... now my problem is, am i already a lesbian? because i care for her so much, and i can't remove her in my mind.. i want to be with her, even become her room mate.. we always hugged each other and kiss on cheeks as a friendly guise only and i makes me happy everytime she kisses me.. i find my feeling weird, never felt it before.. i cannot and do not want to accept the fact that i will be in love with her, but am i already a lesbian with this? i do not want to tell her because i don't want to lose her (she might become angry or ashame of me if i will tell her what i feel)... thank you guys and please i need your response or any reaction regarding this matter

Hey there, just wanted to share a similar experience of mine. I'm 16 and I've been friends with this one girl in my life for almost 7 years. She is three years younger than me and is 13 years old. Starting this past March, I've been beginning to have feelings for her. It's just keeps building up and I'm pretty sure it's a crush as this point. I just feel good when I'm around her. She's really hilarious and fun to be around, and I always become sad when I can't see or talk to her. She may be 13, but she's extremely mature for her age (in some ways). I get excited when she's comments on something or likes my status on Facebook, as well as when she talks to me on Twitter. I'm not sure what to do with this whole thing, but I just love her. I just want to cuddle with her and kiss her and stuff, but nothing really that sexual. I honestly just want to be with her forever. What should I do?

I can't really help you but I am actually experimenting the same thing as you and I am not sure what it means...I am 38, married with children and my best friend is 40, married with children also. We've known each other for 2 years now and are really close (we see each other every day). This summer, I am away for 2 months and I miss her so much. We text each other a lot, email each other and today did the webcam for the first time. Not even 1 hour after the video call, she texted to say she was going to come with her kids to see us (me, hubby and kids). I am really excited and reacting like a teenager whose boyfriend has just called. And that is my problem: I am not feeling sexually atracted to her but I really miss her and want to be with her all the time. I had big butterflies in my stomach when she called me to say she was coming. I keep thinking about her all the time and can't wait for her to be there. At the same time, what should I do when she is here ? tell her what I feel or keep quiet ? probably the latter...

i'm a girl and i like my girl friend. i already told her about it and she said it's okay. until now we're still friends and we're going strong. for me it's better to tell her because i don't want to be unfair.everybody knows that i'm not that open with things like these but i ate all the courage to tell her. note: i only knew her for 2 years and just had crush on her this august.

we're just 15 y/o

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Contrary to the common belief that online dating is only for the young individuals, the new research by two Bowling Green State University professors ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
How much are men willing to spend while dating highly depends on a number of women available around them, claims a new research by the University of ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that the real problem for unemployed men is not that they cannot pay their bills, but that they actually cannot get dates, a new survey ...