Is it Serious if you meet his Parents?

Marisa33

I'm just curious because I was told long ago that if a guy takes you home to meet his parents then you are a serious girl for him and not just casual. Is this true?

I've had all my bf's take me to meet their parents so it's kinda confusing. I guess I also want to know, incase it's normal to meet boyfriends parents is....If it's not big deal to meet the parents then is their any kind of action your boyfriend shows that's different if you meet his parents?

example: if you meet his parents and they know a lot about you before hand, does that mean he's serious about you because he was talking about you a lot to them?

Another Example: If you meet his parents and they treat you more like a couple by saying "what are you two doing for Memorial day weekend" instead of treating you like just a girl in his life and saying "John we'd like you to come home on Memorial day and spend time with us". If they don't acknowledge you as a couple does that mean he isn't serious about you? Does that even reflect?

Guess I'm asking because I'm meeting his parents soon and I don't really know if that's good or just casual.

I always assume that if a guy is willing to introduce you to his parents, then clearly he's serious about the relationship. If his family knows about you beforehand, then it's also safe to assume that he's been mentioning about you.

I know that when I first met my bf's extended family, they were all telling me that they've heard a lot about me, and how I was the first girl he's ever introduced to some of them.

Does it seem as though he's serious about you, from his actions?

Archived