Is it normal to still feel a bit lost at 27?

locolady

I turn 27 tomorrow. I still long for answers, for peace, for companionship, true love, inspiration.

Is it normal to still feel like you're a bit lost, searching for something more, or should I have grown into my skin by now and feel a bit more secure that i'm doing ok?

I still don't know how life's going to pan out, if i'm making the right choices, if I'm doing the best I can...I thought i'd be more of an adult by now! Am I weird to feel this way?

Nah, you're not weird. The job of 'finding ourselves' is an ongoing process. The more complex a personality you are, the more layers you'll find to this. I believe most people go through cycles where they feel relatively secure at certain stages, but given that life is dynamic, things shift--including goals and ideals.

I wouldn't be fooled by the appearances of others. Everyone shows their best face, so it makes no sense to compare yourself with anyone else. As long as you focus on taking your own next steps and you keep your eyes on your own paper, you'll find satisfaction every time you're doing one small thing better than you did it the day before. A focus on getting 'somewhere' can ruin your enjoyment of the whole process along the way. Break everything down to manageable goals, then focus on every small step you take toward meeting those. The rest will take care of itself and fall into place at some point.

Head high.

I turn 27 tomorrow. I still long for answers, for peace, for companionship, true love, inspiration.

Is it normal to still feel like you're a bit lost, searching for something more, or should I have grown into my skin by now and feel a bit more secure that i'm doing ok?

I still don't know how life's going to pan out, if i'm making the right choices, if I'm doing the best I can...I thought i'd be more of an adult by now! Am I weird to feel this way?

not sure anyone ever knows those things. life seems to be all about uncertainty. and as catfeeder said...when it becomes about the destination...about where i should be...as opposed to where i am, life's situations can tend to feel pretty overwhelming.

a subtle shift in how you think about your world...sometimes that's all it really takes. instead of a focus on the lacking...or the wanting...a small shift towards appreciation...and gratitude for the things that are a part of your life. gratitude is often the most undervalued human expression. it adds tremendous value and purpose to all endeavours. and...the beauty of gratitude is this: there is nothing too small to be grateful for. so...it's often a great place to start. does that make any sense?

i love your signature by the way. it's perfect.

and...catfeeder...also love your siggy. a well-kept secret indeed.

at 33 i'm still figuring it out too...I feel rushed by my friends and how far they've come and my family cuz they want me to have to same things they have...but i've always danced to beat of my own drum...so i'm beginning to realize that it's okay, IT"S ALL OKAY...you do you....that's the best service you can give to others and yourself.

I keep reminding myself the human race is not a RACE...we got time, the past is gone, the future does not exist, today is what we have right now...and it's only about 9am here! =D

enjoy your day and keep posting if need some support!

all my love an light to you and yours!

=D

I'm 27 and I feel the same way... lost and longing for the same things. Lately I have this on my mind everyday wondering and hoping that everything in life will just fall into place. So far that hasn't happened. So no, you're not weird, when I was younger I thought I'd have it all figured out by now and I don't either.

Archived