Thread: why am i so gullible and how can i not be gullible?

why am i so gullible and how can i not be gullible?

i'm 17 and female------ anyway, i just feel like i believe peoples lies, and also just in general i can never tell if someone is joking or not!! like i know that some people i talk to are just like that in that they are sarcastic to the point of not being able to tell if they're being real or not..... but i just really want to know a way of being able to tell if someone is for real or not when they say something to me! it's especially embarrassing when a teacher says something and i take it completely the wrong way.........or i think she's serious when she's joking , or visa verse.. =/

Sometimes I actually say "I don't know if you are being serious or not, so I will assume you are joking." That always wakes them up, because if they are being serious, they will definitely want me to know they're being serious and they will strive to clarify that. Pressure's off now. Let them convince you they are serious and now they're the one with the problem

This really works. I am a total jokester myself, but even I get confused by other people who are not as clear in their joking as I am.
    Long sweet live, a-chewin' me baby,
    Ain't nothin' wrong with that :)

Ask, "Are you joking or serious?"
    ----------
    Try backing off. It seems to be a well kept secret how many wonders occur and problems straighten out when we do nothing but leave someone alone.

Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
According to the findings of a recent study, married women may find themselves drinking a lot more alcohol than single or divorced women, while ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that, when under stress, men tend to be attracted to women with a more curvaceous body type, found a new research, according to which ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Marriage and divorce are linked to weight gain among both women and men, and especially those who are over age 30, found U.S. sociologists. However, ...