why does he keep touching me? how to respond to it?

2bExact

at lunch, this guy always touches my hair, my chin or behind my ear when he walks past or behind me. it makes me shiver, but in a good way. i like him but i'm not sure if he likes me. he's an aquaintence i guess. this touching thing started after he told me he just wanted to be friends. (after going out ONE TIME.) i know he likes me and he knows i like him. i don't know what to make of all this attention. i seem to have really bad luck with guys- they end up only wanting friendship from me. btw, this is not the same guy as my other thred. anyway, besides the reason why he's teasing me like this, i want to know how i should react to it so he knows i'm still into him? something playful for me to do or say back to him maybe....

I'm sorry, I don't know for sure but honestly if someone tells you're they just want to be friends and know that you like them, then flirting with you is wrong. Some people just like the attention from others. Keep your distance from him. I feel you're just going to get hurt if you don't.

Goodness, I had the same "problem" as you when I was 17! I was kind of pretty and dressed "sexy" but was very shy and a bit of a goody-two-shoes (didn't smoke, drink, or have sex...or do much other than study really!) so I had a lot of guy friends hanging around and flirting with me but none of them wanted to date me! They'd often say that I was like a "little sister" and though they all wanted to get physical with me they really didn't know what to do with me beyond that because I was so serious and sheltered, so they chose to just be my friend. I think this might be what's going on here (but feel free to disagree! I don't know all the details...) You say this guy knows you like him, so he would pursue you if he was interested, especially since you already went out once! But don't take it personally if he isn't interested...it's possible he's just looking to "have fun" with girls right now and not looking to be serious, and maybe you come accross as the respectable type? Not a bad thing! Ugh high school was such a weird place....

I'm sorry, I don't know for sure but honestly if someone tells you're they just want to be friends and know that you like them, then flirting with you is wrong. Some people just like the attention from others. Keep your distance from him. I feel you're just going to get hurt if you don't.

Hi, I don't think OP said that HE wants to be friends, she just said that others USUALLY want to be friend.

Anyway...my suggestion is, as you already have a rapport with him, is to have lunch at work, and use it as opportunity to ask him if he wants to go to a show with you (cinema, theatre, concert - think of something!!), I suggest an activity as opposed to just a restaurant/meal as it gives you the chance to know whether he is into the same things as you - if he is, then bonding!!

If not - keep it as platonic friendship, and you will both still be happy!

Hi, I don't think OP said that HE wants to be friends, she just said that others USUALLY want to be friend.

Anyway...my suggestion is, as you already have a rapport with him, is to have lunch at work, and use it as opportunity to ask him if he wants to go to a show with you (cinema, theatre, concert - think of something!!), I suggest an activity as opposed to just a restaurant/meal as it gives you the chance to know whether he is into the same things as you - if he is, then bonding!!

If not - keep it as platonic friendship, and you will both still be happy!

No she said the touching thing started after he told her he only wanted to be friends.

Archived