Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: why does he keep touching me? how to respond to it?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    99

    why does he keep touching me? how to respond to it?

    <im 17 and female> at lunch, this guy always touches my hair, my chin or behind my ear when he walks past or behind me. it makes me shiver, but in a good way. i like him but i'm not sure if he likes me. he's an aquaintence i guess. this touching thing started after he told me he just wanted to be friends. (after going out ONE TIME.) i know he likes me and he knows i like him. i don't know what to make of all this attention. i seem to have really bad luck with guys- they end up only wanting friendship from me. btw, this is not the same guy as my other thred. anyway, besides the reason why he's teasing me like this, i want to know how i should react to it so he knows i'm still into him? something playful for me to do or say back to him maybe....
    Last edited by 2bExact; 03-09-2011 at 05:04 PM.

  2. #2
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    503
    If he said he only wanted to be friends, then he is leading you on. Next time he touches you tell him this property is reserved for someone else!!!

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    99
    i can't believe he's trying to lead me on! i don't want to believe that, but it makes sense a little..=[[ i thought he liked me

  4. #4
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    503
    I'm sorry, I don't know for sure but honestly if someone tells you're they just want to be friends and know that you like them, then flirting with you is wrong. Some people just like the attention from others. Keep your distance from him. I feel you're just going to get hurt if you don't.

  5.  

  6. #5
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,363
    Gender
    Female
    Goodness, I had the same "problem" as you when I was 17! I was kind of pretty and dressed "sexy" but was very shy and a bit of a goody-two-shoes (didn't smoke, drink, or have sex...or do much other than study really!) so I had a lot of guy friends hanging around and flirting with me but none of them wanted to date me! They'd often say that I was like a "little sister" and though they all wanted to get physical with me they really didn't know what to do with me beyond that because I was so serious and sheltered, so they chose to just be my friend. I think this might be what's going on here (but feel free to disagree! I don't know all the details...) You say this guy knows you like him, so he would pursue you if he was interested, especially since you already went out once! But don't take it personally if he isn't interested...it's possible he's just looking to "have fun" with girls right now and not looking to be serious, and maybe you come across as the respectable type? Not a bad thing! Ugh high school was such a weird place....

  7. #6
    Member Meddlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    151
    Gender
    Female
    Quote Originally Posted by Karma20 View Post
    I'm sorry, I don't know for sure but honestly if someone tells you're they just want to be friends and know that you like them, then flirting with you is wrong. Some people just like the attention from others. Keep your distance from him. I feel you're just going to get hurt if you don't.
    Hi, I don't think OP said that HE wants to be friends, she just said that others USUALLY want to be friend.
    Anyway...my suggestion is, as you already have a rapport with him, is to have lunch at work, and use it as opportunity to ask him if he wants to go to a show with you (cinema, theatre, concert - think of something!!), I suggest an activity as opposed to just a restaurant/meal as it gives you the chance to know whether he is into the same things as you - if he is, then bonding!!

    If not - keep it as platonic friendship, and you will both still be happy!
    MEDDLIN

    It isn't how or what someone says or does to you but how you choose to respond to it is what counts.

  8. #7
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    503
    Quote Originally Posted by Meddlin View Post
    Hi, I don't think OP said that HE wants to be friends, she just said that others USUALLY want to be friend.
    Anyway...my suggestion is, as you already have a rapport with him, is to have lunch at work, and use it as opportunity to ask him if he wants to go to a show with you (cinema, theatre, concert - think of something!!), I suggest an activity as opposed to just a restaurant/meal as it gives you the chance to know whether he is into the same things as you - if he is, then bonding!!

    If not - keep it as platonic friendship, and you will both still be happy!
    No she said the touching thing started after he told her he only wanted to be friends.

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    99
    yeah karma20, you're right- this boy told me he just wants friendship

  10. #9
    Member Meddlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    151
    Gender
    Female
    Quote Originally Posted by Karma20 View Post
    No she said the touching thing started after he told her he only wanted to be friends.
    OK, sorry read it wrong:/
    MEDDLIN

    It isn't how or what someone says or does to you but how you choose to respond to it is what counts.

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    99
    any more advice on how to confront him without being *witchy?

  12. 03-09-2011, 07:31 PM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Contrary to the common belief that online dating is only for the young individuals, the new research by two Bowling Green State University professors ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
How much are men willing to spend while dating highly depends on a number of women available around them, claims a new research by the University of ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that the real problem for unemployed men is not that they cannot pay their bills, but that they actually cannot get dates, a new survey ...
 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •