Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Bronze Member

Men, Do You View Sex As Separate From Love & Emotions?

I'm not sure how to phrase this but here's the scenario:

My boyfriend told me something along the lines of, "Most men view sex as a physical activity separate from love & emotions. Many can have sex for pleasure and fun without having an emotional connection with the woman. They can have a long-time partner whom they truly love...and still go out there, have sex with a woman they have the hots for without feeling anything emotional for her."

I know this isn't necessarily true. But I am curious to see how MEN think of sex: Do you view it as simply a physical act or do you view it as an extension of love? Or can you think both ways?

I've never had one night stands, or a friends with benefits, nor do those appeal to me. I think I'd feel empty inside, particularly if I've had sex with a stranger!

So maybe some men just want the carnal pleasures out of sex and others want both?

It differs from the man. Someone once told me the best sex a man can have is with a woman he is head over heels in love with. Men def. think of sex differently then women do but it's not a bad thing. It can be just as emotional for them as it can for us but in a way they can detach from that.
    "I am and always will be- the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes. The dreamer of improbable dreams." - The Eleventh Doctor

♥ 01.13.10 ♥ 02.23.10 ♥ 06.04.10 ♥ 06.17.10 ♥ 10.15.11 ♥ 08.21.13 ♥

Well that could be why men find it so easy to cheat on their partners because they can have sex without the emotions attached to it.
    I shared my spare on Feb 4th. Ask me about living kidney donation.

Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by metrogirl View Post
    Well that could be why men find it so easy to cheat on their partners because they can have sex without the emotions attached to it.
    I suppose. I KNOW not all men are like this- look on ENA! And certainly not all women are about emotions either. Plenty who go out there looking for sex, nothing more. But men generally get the bad reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by lerira View Post
    I suppose. I KNOW not all men are like this- look on ENA! And certainly not all women are about emotions either. Plenty who go out there looking for sex, nothing more. But men generally get the bad reputation.
    It is less acceptable for women to go out just look for sex. So the ones that do aren't as talkative about it. It's a little silly but if a woman says she likes to have causal sex a chunk of the population think she is "bad" or "dirty". I really love sex and I get depressed if I'm not having it so of course when I wasn't in or looking for relationships I had sex just because if felt good and it was fun. For a lot of people that makes me a sl*t.

Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rosephase View Post
    It is less acceptable for women to go out just look for sex. So the ones that do aren't as talkative about it. It's a little silly but if a woman says she likes to have causal sex a chunk of the population think she is "bad" or "dirty". I really love sex and I get depressed if I'm not having it so of course when I wasn't in or looking for relationships I had sex just because if felt good and it was fun. For a lot of people that makes me a sl*t.
    I agree. But didn't you feel empty inside? I mean, I know it's pleasurable but didn't it feel weird at the same time? The person you're having casual sex with doesn't really care for you. He's using your vagina in the literal sense with no care for your feelings.

I'd feel empty and bad for myself.

I think a woman just having sex for fun doesn't make her a sl*t, we are all different. I could never have sex with someone I didn't have an emotional attachment to but that's me. It doesn't make the other woman wrong or me right.
    "I am and always will be- the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes. The dreamer of improbable dreams." - The Eleventh Doctor

♥ 01.13.10 ♥ 02.23.10 ♥ 06.04.10 ♥ 06.17.10 ♥ 10.15.11 ♥ 08.21.13 ♥

Platinum Member
    The more sex a human has, the more partners a human has, the easier it becomes to separate the emotional from the physical.

I only tend to think of women/men as sl*ts when they actually CHEAT on their partners. That is, going out and looking for sex and not telling their partners because they know that their partners would be angry with them. I think that is what a sl*t is. If you're single or in a more open relationship and can go out and have sex and still be respectful of your partner's feelings, then I don't really have a problem with it.

I can't separate sex from emotion but I know some women who do.
    I apologize in advance for any typos.

"Every road leads to your door, every step I take forever more..."

Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonewing View Post
    The more sex a human has, the more partners a human has, the easier it becomes to separate the emotional from the physical.

Perhaps you are right.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
One of the biggest causes of stress and unhappiness in life are failed relationships. Making a relationship work is one of the most important life ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It has been universally acknowledged that having a long distance relationship is not such a good idea, especially if there is no known end-date to ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Some people say that when we deeply love or care about someone we automatically open the door to betrayal. I am not sure whether such statement holds ...