Sending a sympathy card for the anniversary of a death?

kuteknish

It's coming up on a 2 year anniversary of a friend's father's death... we are not really on speaking terms at this time, but I know it is a tough time of year for him... would it be inappropriate to send a note or sympathy card of some sorts letting him know something like "I know this is a tough time of year for you.. i'm here is you need to talk" or something of the sort?

You say you're not on speaking terms, is there any bad blood between you two? Like maybe, something he might not be past? If so, I'm not certain that would be a good idea right now, given that he's got a lot on his plate at the moment. Of course, that is ultimately up to you. I do think it's a very kind and thoughtful gesture that someone would appreciate deeply.

I think it is a nice gesture... are you wanting to get back on speaking terms again? Or does this have nothing to do with it

It's more for the gesture, but partially wanting to open the door to speaking again... We were very close, and I know he doesn't feel he can talk to anyone about this, so I just want to let him know he can.

• 1 month later...

Archived