Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Wish Ex Happy Valentine's Day?

I've been split up from a long term relationship for about 6 months after my ex left. The split up has been fairly amicable.

She is pretty emotional and I know Valentine's Day is an important day to her and she probably is feeling lonely or down.

Question is...what is the proper etiquette for me at this point? I'm thinking of just sending a simple "Happy Valentine's day" text message but I don't know if that is appropriate.

Nope... don't do it. Unless you are willing to be her BF again and want to start up with her, let it go. You don't want to confuse her or give her false hopes if you don't want her back. Valentine's day is for lovers and little kids giving each other valentines, but it's never appropriate to send such a greeting to an ex.

Since you still have feelings for her AND since she left you, don't send her anything. She chose a life without you. Let her have it. If she wants to have a new relationship with you, she knows how to find you.

If you say that the split was fairly amicable I think its ok to wish her Happy Vday. There was love there once between you two and Im sure she would appreciate that you haven't forgotten about her on this day. And as you said, a simple Happy Valentines Day seems appropriate...you dont need to go into details - just sending the message is good. Perhaps I am being a hippocrate because I just ranted about my ex contacting me lol BUT it wasnt a smooth break up..he wished me Happy Vday and on top of that made it known that hes in a relationship now basically. THAT is when you shouldn't contact the ex

ps kudos to you for considering her feelings. Happy Valentines to you
    What used to be unbreakable,
    I thought this bond would never break
    But nothing's permanent in life,
    All except for change.

-Stephen Marley

Gotmylifeback- I still have feelings for her, but we both realize it will not work between us for at least the forseeable future. I kind of feel (in an odd sense) that it might be considered rude or sour grapes to not wish her happy V-Day.

Karma-Thanks for the comments. Happy V-Day to you as well!

[QUOTE=gary847;4679514]Gotmylifeback- I still have feelings for her, but we both realize it will not work between us for at least the forseeable future. I kind of feel (in an odd sense) that it might be considered rude or sour grapes to not wish her happy V-Day.

I totally agree with this. Wish her today and then go NC.
    What used to be unbreakable,
    I thought this bond would never break
    But nothing's permanent in life,
    All except for change.

-Stephen Marley

I was going to send my ex a text saying "I think you sent my flowers to the wrong address. Happy VD!" but decided not to say anything. Ill wish her a happy birthday tomorrow but no happy Vday.

If I were you I would wait to see if she initiates the convo first. If at the end of the day she hasnt said anything go ahead and send the text. But dont be surprised if she doesnt respond. Thats the hard part.

i was gonna send her a happy v day.. but decided against it.. let her old fwb do it..

No. Screw them.

Platinum Member
    Nope. It just is too emotionally charged. It is one thing for v day to be important but to hear from an ex really sends someone into a tail spin. She could finally say "okay, I will be okay today" and hearing from you will make her backslide or feel bad. V-day is for your sweetie. contacting her would only taunt her.

•  

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Related Articles & Books
    by Margarita Nahapetyan
    Checking and following the activities of an ex partner through social networking site Facebook can seriously interfere with a person's ability to ...
    by Margarita Nahapetyan
    Most people get divorced hoping to have a better life and find more happiness than they had in their marriage. However, a new national study by Iowa ...
    by Margarita Nahapetyan
    Brides who hesitate about getting married might want to consider having second thoughts before starting a life-long commitment, suggest psychologists ...