Thread: How do people get back together after a long time apart (months/yrs)?

Bronze Member

How do people get back together after a long time apart (months/yrs)?

How do these people that got back together after being apart for years get together again? Do you think they had to 'reconnect' or that connection has always been there? I don't know if that makes sense. I guess what I'm saying is, do you think the feelings have always been there or is it like starting all over and feelings happen again?

I don't know, I hear some stories where exes meet up after months/years and feel nothing at all. Odd

I've only really had one experience where this happened... and it was only a year of NC. It's basically like meeting them again for the first time, only it's not. It's really hard to explain and I wish I could do it better but basically if there is no animosity towards each other, no hatred and no emotional baggage... what is there to prevent you from falling in love again? That's what happened in my case... actually got engaged but everything unfortunately collapsed again, so it is possible. For me it was like starting all over and the feelings happened again.
    Adversity introduces a man to himself.

Bronze Member
    Uh oh, what happened?

its been 5 months for me.. right now its in a reconcile state, we still had feelings for each other but of course we are taking things slow. just want things to work you know.
    Every need someone to talk to right away? message me just let me know what your messaging about. :)

Everybody has went down a different path.

Lets help each other for a change!

Making up quotes as i live my life - S.A.A.

My ex hates me lol. I think it will take at least a year for my ex to like stop hating me ;P

I would imagine the connection is still there, just you get to start with a fresh slate for the most part.

You know them already so your close friends, yet its like getting to know them all over again too, very hard to describe!

I'm in the same boat as KennyC..i doubt me ex would spit on me if i was on fire..

However, as Luckyy points out - its just a case of reconnecting with a friend, and then re-developing things into a relationship, which in itself could be the breath of fresh air your relationship needs..It could also be fun getting to re-discover someone in this way..me and my ex had spoken of re-creating our first date at some point, for the nostalgia, but to put that air of mystery back into things...we figured that al though things were great at the time, it could be a fun thing to do!

Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Checking and following the activities of an ex partner through social networking site Facebook can seriously interfere with a person's ability to ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Most people get divorced hoping to have a better life and find more happiness than they had in their marriage. However, a new national study by Iowa ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Brides who hesitate about getting married might want to consider having second thoughts before starting a life-long commitment, suggest psychologists ...