Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am hungry... all the time...

I am hungry... all the time...

Lately, like the last week or 2, I've noticed a significant increase in my appetite. I am literally always hungry. I could eat all day long if there was food in front of me.

And the hard part is that at work, I can snack all day long. But if I don't have anything to snack on, I sit and feel hungry and it is annoying! I mean, why!?!?

I find myself getting really excited when I get to work in the morning cause I can eat my breakfast! And then I'll usually eat half my lunch before lunch even comes because it is just sitting there on my desk. And then I eat the rest of my lunch at 12 (and believe me it's hard to hold off that long). And then by the time I get home at 6:00 I am ravished...

I'm not sure if it's out of boredom... my job is REALLY boring most days and I think maybe I eat so that I have something to do. Because I do notice that when I'm at home and actually have stuff to do, I am eating less and don't notice being hungry so much.

What can I do about this? What are tips that I can do to keep myself from snacking? I mean, the obvious answer is to not bring in snacks.. but then I feel annoyed because I am hungry (or bored??)

So far I haven't really gained weight, but I know it will happen if I keep this up.
    Strength is being able to smile even when everything is falling apart.

Have you started working out?

My appetite sky rockets when I work out, I can't keep up with my hunger sometimes.

Make sure you're getting enough sleep and sunshine too, a lack of these can cause increased hunger.

I guess it depends on what you eat. Whole foods especially complex foods should keep you fuller longer as the body has to work harder than breaking down foods like donuts and processed foods.

And drink water if you feel you're hungry as sometimes your body can't differentiate between thirst & hunger.
    [URL="http://www.enotalone.com/forum/forum-rules.php"][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/URL]

D I think it also has to do with the season. For instance in the winter I tend to eat more because I burn more calaries. Something about cold weather makes me burn more calories thus I get hungry quickly. Summer I eat less. Keep on snacking healthy wouldn't do any harm. Try to train your body to eating 5-6 small meals a day.
    Sabrina don't stare at it, eat it!- Patrick Bateman

Quote Originally Posted by deucesarewild View Post
    Have you started working out?

My appetite sky rockets when I work out, I can't keep up with my hunger sometimes.

Make sure you're getting enough sleep and sunshine too, a lack of these can cause increased hunger.
    Yes, I've been working out more now that I have in my entire life! I wonder if that's it. But I am lacking in sleep lately..

Quote Originally Posted by sidehop View Post
    I guess it depends on what you eat. Whole foods especially complex foods should keep you fuller longer as the body has to work harder than breaking down foods like donuts and processed foods.

And drink water if you feel you're hungry as sometimes your body can't differentiate between thirst & hunger.
    Haha, no I'm not pregnant. It would be impossible for me to be since I'm not having sex...

Good idea, I'll trying filling up my water bottle more often. But then I have to pee every hour, lol! Oh, well I suppose it's worth it.

Platinum Member
    Snack on high fiber/low sugar cereals and carrot sticks if you want something sweet. Also try drinking water if you are hungry- thirst can be confused with hunger.

Then you're not eating enough...

You should eat at least a gram of protein per pound of your bodyweight to maintain the muscle mass and about the same amount for carbs. 40/40/20 and 20% being good fats. Plus if you're working out you should be taking in more fluids.
    [URL="http://www.enotalone.com/forum/forum-rules.php"][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/URL]

Bronze Member
    Sometimes people eat out of boredom, I catch myself doing this sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by guynextdoor View Post
    D I think it also has to do with the season. For instance in the winter I tend to eat more because I burn more calaries. Something about cold weather makes me burn more calories thus I get hungry quickly. Summer I eat less. Keep on snacking healthy wouldn't do any harm. Try to train your body to eating 5-6 small meals a day.
    Interesting, I never thought about the season.
    What do you suggest for a small meal? I'm the kind of person where I eat until I am full and I can't move, so this concept would be very new to me, haha!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
According to the findings of a recent study, married women may find themselves drinking a lot more alcohol than single or divorced women, while ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that, when under stress, men tend to be attracted to women with a more curvaceous body type, found a new research, according to which ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Marriage and divorce are linked to weight gain among both women and men, and especially those who are over age 30, found U.S. sociologists. However, ...