WOMEN ONLY: what does an orgasm feel like for you?

Circe

Ok - I've been told that what I think is an orgasm isn't one.. it's just me on the verge of a really good one.

So what does an orgasm feel like for you? (Women only)

What I described to the person who told me I wasn't actually having one was that I tense up.. find it hard to keep breathing.. and something keeps building.. and its a nice feeling .. it feels like .. a really nice kind of tension between my legs .. and it keeps building and finally - the tension stops.. it throbs a little .. I can breath again and there's a definite feeling of stress-release or sexual frustration-release.

But it's not like it rocks my world or anything. It doesn't make me scream or shake or convulse all over. Does anyone really do that?

The advice I got was to not hold my breath but breathe normally and try to stay as relaxed as I could ... when I try that.. it takes me MUCH longer to get to that end point .. and I don't think it was much different when I did.

I'm talking about self-pleasuring only .. I have never gotten there with normal sex and I suppose, I'm still so thrilled at being able to have normal sex that this is not a concern (and i know a lot of women can't with just penetration anyway).

Edited to add: Oh and the entire process only takes me a couple of minutes most of the time. (When I do it differently.. forcing myself to stay relaxed and breath properly - it can take half an hour).

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That does sound pretty accurate.

it's been a LONG time since I had an orgasm but when it happens for me, I sweat and get this red "flush" over my body. I start to tremble a little too. Usually at the peak of it I tend to tense up for a short time. It does feel like a throbbing "build up" of tension in my nether region which then is "released" and I feel a period of calm and relief afterward.

That does sound pretty accurate.

it's been a LONG time since I had an orgasm but when it happens for me, I sweat and get this red "flush" over my body. I start to tremble a little too. Usually at the peak of it I tend to tense up for a short time. It does feel like a throbbing "build up" of tension in my nether region which then is "released" and I feel a period of calm and relief afterward.

Yeah.. I just never tremble. It's got to be really intense to be trembling right?

I just don't understand how that sensation could possibly make anyone scream. I mean its great.. and I do it often - but .. it would never make me scream.. I feel like I'm missing out on the real deal..

I've had ones that were incredibly subtle -- that felt like a tendril of warm tingling travelling through my spine and out my crotch that made me weak in the legs. Those have been some of the most sublime (some of those were generated by fantasy/thoughts or kissing). Not to be underrated!

The more obvious ones are like you describe -- a build-up or tightening, then a relaxation which makes me feel warm and kind of pulsing. I've felt like I had to pee before, and sometimes when I REALLY pee (not related to sexual stimulation) after a long time of holding it, that sense of relief approximates an orgasm for me. To give you a comparable gist.

Orgasm is, physiologically, a tightening of muscle and when that tension is released, it feels good, so anything in that domain would classify, I think. It's more a question of degree.

I've had the tightening involve my whole torso, and lead to trembling legs afterwards (which is kind of embarrassing actually, because they're sometimes twitching). But I kind of envy women who seem to be in "convulsions". I've never gotten to that point.

As for screaming, I do that sometimes, but that could just be the drama queen in me.

And what kind of orgasm you are talking about? Are you talking about orgasm by masturbation or all body orgasms on generally? If other orgasms are allowed in this thread I can tell you.

It is like an colorful rainbow with flashes and sun

No just masturbation.. baby steps...

Come on.. you are joking right.. a colourful rainbow with flashes and sun? You can't be sarcastic with me.. I'm too gullable for it

I've had the tightening involve my whole torso, and lead to trembling legs afterwards. But I kind of envy women who seem to be in "convulsions". I've never gotten to that point.

As for screaming, I do that sometimes, but that could just be the drama queen in me.

Dam* - I'm envying you at this point!

I've been doing this pretty regularly since I was reeeeaaaally young - and it's always the same. Sigh. I mean I'm glad I have what I have.. but I want more!! I want trembling at the very least. Hmm.. any tips on how you can make it more intense?

Well there's clitoral orgasms and penertrative orgasms and they do feel different. The penetrative (for me) is more intense and trembling and Er...'loud'

But every woman is different. It's trial and error, when you feel one coming change the position of your legs or hips very slightly, you'll soon learn how to make it deeper or more intense. Rule of thumb (for me) is if you don't feel short-changed after sex then yep, that was an orgasm! Also, have to say it's different with every guy.

Well there's clitoral orgasms and penertrative orgasms and they do feel different. The penetrative (for me) is more intense and trembling and Er...'loud'

But every woman is different. It's trial and error, when you feel one coming change the position of your legs or hips very slightly, you'll soon learn how to make it deeper or more intense. Rule of thumb (for me) is if you don't feel short-changed after sex then yep, that was an orgasm! Also, have to say it's different with every guy.

Ok - so with penetration - it's not really touching the right area .. so how do you get there? There was one time during sex when it actually felt very similar to the way it feels when I'm doing it by myself.. but I definitely didn't get there.

Do you know what makes the difference? Is it going slower.. or .. is it doing it for a longer period of time?

Dam* - I'm envying you at this point!

I've been doing this pretty regularly since I was reeeeaaaally young - and it's always the same. Sigh. I mean I'm glad I have what I have.. but I want more!! I want trembling at the very least. Hmm.. any tips on how you can make it more intense?

Trust me, it's not a regular event in my life (I'm not active now, but even when I was). But I have not had it through penetration (only came close) except for one time (which still felt like it was playing off the clitoral sensations, so I guess it was G-spot). It's been 99.99% all external (clitorally). I remember having a conversation with my sister years ago and told her this -- and she said, "Clitoral orgasms are like little sneezes compared to the others." Great. Thanks a lot.

I hear women talk about deep vaginal ones that cause spasms internally and I don't think I've ever had that -- or maybe I just don't know it.

I'm not sure what to suggest how to make it more intense, because really it's the luck of the draw. Sometimes a lot of stimulation makes me sore and uncomfortable and sometimes it just builds me up to a peak that gives me a stronger release. I would say, lots of lubrication (your own or added) and starting with soft and gentle rhythm that you do just to relax and warm you up. Let the tension build with soft touch first and let your body guide you to want a stronger, faster, harder pace/touch. I mean, I'm no expert on this by any means, lol, and think there are a lot more sexually "prolific" posters who might address this, but for me the longer I build up, the stronger it seems to be (and again, keeping it very moist/slippery).

Also I think certain times of the month make a difference, so it can be hormonal. Better outcomes seem to come around midcyle (ovulation) for me, and just after, but again, every woman is different in that regard.

I'd say going slower. If he's on top try to slow things to a stop and moving your hips down until it feels right, or raising your bum off the bed so he's deeper. If you're on top position yourself further down his body, make him stop and you start moving slowly, try a figure of 8 with your hips, you'll find it! Another thing, can he 'feel' you orgasm? He should be able to!

There are so many different kinds! It's like choosing what to eat at a gourmet buffet, thinking about them all...

The first few that I had were always the smaller, subtler ones. At first I didn't even realize I was having an orgasm. It'd come and go so suddenly, but there would come a moment when the warmth would shoot up from my centre and a flush of heat would fill me, my whole body would tense and then I'd slide down into this pool of calm.

Others are quick and only take minutes to get to. Same as the first but with more heat and a longer plateau.

But I have to say, the longer the build-up, the longer the aftershocks.

About the trembling...it's not always that awesome and kind of embarrassing to me, especially when it fatigues my legs and I can't keep holding them up without them twitching. Haha.

LOL! I know!! He'll usually hold them up for me when i get tired! But yeah. Sometimes when it's slow and been building I'll shake uncontrollably for quite a few minutes, which can get VERY tiring.

does anyone else have very different orgasms depending on whether its clitoral or from the g-spot? I've only had a few from the g-spot but my God they've been fantastic. Those were the earth-shaking ones.

Alright.. great advice everyone.. I'll continue on the quest...

sorry, gone off the topic a little. I think the most important thing is just to stay relaxed and be comfortable and open with your partner. And don't be afraid to try new things!

LOL! I know!! He'll usually hold them up for me when i get tired! But yeah. Sometimes when it's slow and been building I'll shake uncontrollably for quite a few minutes, which can get VERY tiring.

Ha! I'm glad I'm not the only one with the wuss thighs! This definitely has happened to me: "Oh no, I can't hold them up any more, you better do it!" HEHE!! I have not really gotten into being on the top partly because of this...I seriously don't know how other women don't collapse from the shakes, not to mention the tension in the legs from just the working out. I'm totally mystified and bummed (and know I'm missing a lot, from the looks of it.)

Edit: oh and whes, I commented above about the g-spot vs. the clitoral sensation for myself -- more intense but seems like it's still not a "deep vaginal" sensation that others describe -- it seems to feel like a more power-packed version of the clitoral feeling.

Archived