What is the best way to get over something that has pissed you off?

I'm sort of a sensitive soul and when someone says something to me that may have offended or upset me I tend to stay irritated for awhile. I try to do things to get my mind off of whatever that upset me like playing my piano, going for a jog, writing or watching something funny on tv, but sometimes these activities don't help.

This can get debilitating and it stresses me out and can ruin a perfectly good day. Controlling your thoughts isn't all that easy sometimes and I do my best to keep them in check, but I am human and can get a bit weak at times. any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Until we meet again...
    "Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves."

Confucius

That's a good question.

- Cars and Boys
    - Make pretty cupcakes
    - Cars and Boys
    - Paint
    - Cars and Boys
    - Working on my assignments in the library
    - Did I mention cars and boys?

LOL I like cars. Boys :] just a fun way to talk to and get my mind off of things.
    Rule for Everyone to Follow:

Practice what you preach and mean what you say. If you don't, you're a damn hypocrite and you come off as a superficial person of what you do, say, and who you are. Time to grow up and stop acting like a victim when someone pulled the same action you did to someone else.

i'm sort of like that too. sometimes i try to put myself in the other person's shoes and try to understand why they did what they did. half the time it's because they were just being careless, not necessarily trying to hurt you. sometimes, it's just not worth the grey hairs it will cause. sometimes sleeping helps. i feel better usually the next morning.
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1.

Its good to know I'm not the only one. I will try to put myself in their shoes and not concentrate on myself all the time. The_Seeker gave me an idea to get cinnamon rolls after saw that she mentioned cupcakes, lol

Until we meet again...

Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by mo'Nique View Post
    Its good to know I'm not the only one. I will try to put myself in their shoes and not concentrate on myself all the time. The_Seeker gave me an idea to get cinnamon rolls after saw that she mentioned cupcakes, lol

Until we meet again...
    omggg i could go for a cinnamon rolls right now!

Practice what you preach and mean what you say. If you don't, you're a damn hypocrite and you come off as a superficial person of what you do, say, and who you are. Time to grow up and stop acting like a victim when someone pulled the same action you did to someone else.

I would suggest an environment. When something really gets to me, I go to this particular restaurant and sometimes just sit and order coffee and danish. Something about the colors and decor that calms me the hell down. I have a few spots and if whatever was particularly harsh I will visit them all. Somewhere along the way the unrest goes away.

Exercise and cinnabon work too! :P
    "Do not pray for an easy life, Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one" - Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by MasterPo View Post
    I would suggest an environment. When something really gets to me, I go to this particular restaurant and sometimes just sit and order coffee and danish. Something about the colors and decor that calms me the hell down. I have a few spots and if whatever was particularly harsh I will visit them all. Somewhere along the way the unrest goes away.

Exercise and cinnabon work too! :P
    Danish cheese! Ok tomorrow, I'm officially going to celebrate the lunar new year and eat all the desserts.

Totally getting strawberry cheesecake. LOL

cinnabon disappoints me. it always smells better than it tastes.
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1.

The trick with the cinnabon cinnamon is that you have to eat it almost immediately after they are out of the oven and only put a small amount of the icing. Cook them slowly and only let the bottom get light brown. They are delicious they way I bake them. The ones from the bakery kinda suck, lol

Until we meet again...

Confucius

Sometimes we just have to sulk it out and other times meditation and yoga do wonders.
    An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind. Gandhi

When I was little I wanted to read people's minds. Then I got social media and now I'm over it.

•  

• Related Articles & Books
    by Margarita Nahapetyan
    The journal Social Psychology and Personality Science has published a new study according to which individuals who consume organic foods have ...
    by Margarita Nahapetyan
    Ben Barry, a modeling agency CEO, has recently conducted a survey in order to find out what kinds of models inspire women to buy their clothes. He ...
    by Margarita Nahapetyan
    Eating diet high in trans fats is associated with irritability and aggression, say researchers from the University of California, San Diego School of ...