I'm confused, does he like me or not??

S2showluoS2

Ok, so I work in the same company as this guy, but we work in different departments and we do shift-work so we only ever meet when we happen to be in the break room at the same time, which is rare, but sometimes I work in the break room so I end up serving him food...

I've known him for about a year now but we don't know each other very well. We only ever get to talk during our breaks, usually less than 15 mins but on rare occasions maybe up to half an hour. When we talk, he's always smiling but he's just the sort of guy who always has a massive smile on his face.

One night, I was working in the break room with this other girl when he walked in nibbling on a biscuit. I looked up and asked him if he wanted anything to eat, he gave the food a quick glance then shook his head. The girl put this cheeky grin on her face and said to him 'of course you don't want food, you just wanted to come in to see her'. It was so unexpected and I felt so embarrassed I looked down to hide my going-pink face. When I glanced up, all I saw was the guy's legs disappearing around the corner. I asked the girl why she said that and her reply was that it was obvious I like him (don't know why cos I treat him the same as most other staff) and she's not sure but she thinks he likes me too. I asked her why and she said cos he always comes in but doesn't get any food when I'm around, so it's obvious he's just coming in to see me. But he gets food 9/10 times when I'm serving him and she hardly works in the break room with me.

Anyway, when he finished a few hours later, he came in to get food and while I was preparing it, I looked up and realised he was watching me very intensely. The big smile always on his face was gone and replaced by a very small (almost-not-there) smile that didnt reach his eyes and he was practically staring at me. I couldn't figure out why. He didn't have a smile when he walked away with his food either.... I'm really confused.

I finished about 15 mins after but after what the girl said, I felt too embarrassed to sit in the dining room where he was still eating so I hung around the break room with the girl until my mum came to get me. The guy disappeared before my mum came, so I thought he'd gone home, but when I walked out of the company, I found him hanging around outside, probably talking to one the guys from his department. He was already looking at me when I looked up to see him standing about a metre away from the door. My eyes were very round cos I wasn't expecting him, so I just blurted out 'Why are you still here?' and his response was 'I don't know'. I tried not to look at him weirdly. He asked me where my mum was picking me up & I pointed to the left. I knew he had to go straight ahead cos that was where the staff parking was and he drove to and from work.

As I started walking, he walked with me, but didn't say anything. We walked about 5 metres together, until I said bye to him and turned left. I've taken 3 steps before I heard him reply 'bye' very loudly. I turned back to give him a quick wave and kept walking. When I crossed the little road, I turned around to watch him walk down the street, but he didn't look back once.

I'm so confused, I don't know what's going on and I really want to know if he likes me or not. Ever since that night, I can't stop thinking about him and what happened cos I'm so confused by it...

It's possible that he thinks you like him and now he likes you (co-worker meddling), or he's always liked you and now that you found out, he's trying to gauge your reaction. Let's simplify things (and try not to go into game mode), what are your feelings? Are you interested in getting to know him better with the intention of attraction in mind?

Well, yes. I am interested in getting to know him better. I don't have a crush on him...yet, but I've kinda been attracted to him since the first time I saw him... Whenever he smiles, his eyes does that cartoon ^.^ curvy thing and for some reason I'm attracted to that. Since the first time I saw him and saw his eyes like that, I've paid him extra attention and I love seeing him cos he's always smiling and it makes me feel happy when I see someone always happy like him... Usually at work, I just kinda get extra happy when I see him, but I never really thought it'd end up anywhere, but ever since that shift, I found I can't stop thinking about him. I don't know if it's because I'm confused and just want to know what's going on or if it's because I think it's finally going somewhere so I've kind of let my feelings grow for him, and maybe I've been trying to suppress my feelings for him when I thought nothing would happen between us...

The thing is, he seems to me like he's a very quiet/shy sort of guy and I'm really afraid when I see him again, he's going to pretend nothing happened and go back to how it's always been, just small talk when we meet at work... then I'll never find out if he has feelings for me too...

Please help me!!! I'm so confused and I don't have anyone around me that I can talk to...

I really think you should pursue this. Someone is going to have to be the initiator or more than likely nothing will happen, but awkward glances, nervous gestures, tension, and uncomfortable silences. Befriend him more and just get to know more about him. Ask him if he'd like to go out to lunch one day or go grab a smoothie. Exchange numbers if you feel confident enough to do so. You'll never know what he might be thinking and/or feeling until you both begin to communicate. If nothing more, you two could be really good friends.

Until we meet again...

My dear, it seems you are attracted to him. Those feelings of happiness you get from seeing someone special IS attraction : ) Try talking to him more, get to know him better. If you want something you have to pursue it. None of that romantic nonsense in making the guy reach out 100% of the time.

Archived