If a guy doesn't ask you out, does that mean he isn't interested?

Devia

So in something like the movie 'He's Just Not That Into You' it is said over and over again that if a guy is actually interested then he WILL ask you out, simple as that.

In your opinion, does that sum up my following situation?

So I met this guy through bicycling last summer(we're both very into riding). We never really said much to each other until a party that we both ended up attending on the 4th of July. We really hit it off but to my dismay I found out he was moving to Seattle(supposedly permanently) in a couple days. When I left I said something to the extent of 'Well, this was fun...I guess this is the last time I'll see you' and then before I knew it he kissed me. A very good kiss...

Anyway, sure I daydreamed of him here and there but wasn't going to dwell on it since I knew he moved away. As it turned out, he moved back and in October he showed up for this group social bike ride. I had a good time hanging out with him off and on during the ride.

A couple weeks later I saw him again on ANOTHER group bike ride(do we have a trend here?). During the post-ride eating/drinking bit, we were sitting next to each other chatting when his brother chimes in(fake names for privacy of course), 'Hey Kelly, Ross told me he wants your number.' He just blushed and responded 'Thanks ass,' then we exchanged numbers. I texted him later that night and said something like 'hey if you ever want to go on a ride sometime or grab a drink let me know'.

Well.....nothing really ever came of that. There are a few occasions that I can count on seeing him including last weekend. We chatted/flirted a bit but once again...back to square one and I keep daydreaming.

Okay, so I'm the type of person that doesn't dwell on something once I've had closure. But as I've had none, this is bugging me. I don't understand what would have caused him to all of the sudden lose interest. I want to pursue things and get to know him better, but I'm not sure how 'cool' that is for a girl to do.

If he's not pursuing me then does that mean he's not interested? Here are some factors that I feel may or may not affect his interest in me. Yes they are superficial, but we all are to an extent.

I'm 25, he's 21. I'm 5'3" 120 lbs, he's probably around 5'11" 150 lbs.

Are guys at that age turned off by women that much older than them? Do tall and skinny guys general not find short and curvy girls very attractive?

TL;DR: If a guy has an interest in a girl, will he always pursue her?

Yes I think that 9 times out of 10, if a guy is interested he will pursue the girl.

You guys have already kissed once and he is not pursing it again. I would take it as he is not interested. When his friend said "Hey Kelly, Ross wants your number" and he replied "thanks ass" - his friend could have just put him on the spot and so he exchanged numbers with you because he felt obligated too.

You don't need closure from him, just take it that he isn't interested.

I think he's not shy. Shy guys don't just step up and kiss someone. The age thing doesn't matter. It seems like it's been few months so maybe he met someone. But the big key is he texted "let me know if you wanna go for a ride or get a drink.". That, to me, is asking someone out but protecting yourself in case you changed your mind.

I think he's interested but I don't know how you responded to his text. Did you reply or offer a suggestion?

She wrote that text...not him.

I agree that he'd be pursuing if he were interested because you've already shown interest. And you don't need "closure" because you haven't had anything with him. You just need to move on in your head (no daydreaming about what *might* happen...only live in the reality of what *is* happening)

Well, there definitely isn't someone else, but yea that doesn't necessarily affect a person's interest. Thanks for your replies guys, I'll just forget about it.

He's not interested,sorry.You made it so easy for him since you were the one who technically asked him out in your text.Even a painfully shy guy would be able to respond to a text and express his interest.

Edit: Just to elaborate a bit, there were a couple 'flirting' text messages back and forth before I sent that and his final reply was 'Alright sounds good'. But that was it.

Archived