What does it mean when a man remembers things you say?

sweet rhythms

The answer is probably obvious, but being that I'm in a very complicated situation with a guy I've been dating for the past seven months, I figured I'd ask. I've posted about our relationship before on this board.

This guy remembers things about me that even I forget. I mentioned in passing that I lost my camera charger, and two weeks later he gave me a charger he had lying around, claiming "you said you lost your charger, right?"

He got me a flask for Christmas, which to be honest wasn't the nicest I'd ever seen, but he remembered that earlier in the month I'd talked about how much I wanted one. The second part of his present was swing dance lessons because I'd mentioned how much I've always wanted to take classes and he'd suggested we take them together. I figured it was a throwaway conversation, one that probably wouldn't be brought up again, but lo and behold, he brings it up the other night and says he's been doing research on what classes to take and he's going to buy the $100 classes (weird that he mentioned the price) for us.

He also remembers random things I've told him. He used to keep a list of movies I'd mention I loved or hadn't seen yet, and then he'd download them for us to watch when I went over to his apartment. He recalls things I've said about my family, too.

What I find hilarious is that even though he remembers things, he forgot that my birthday is at the end of the month and ended up making plans to go away for a weekend with friends. Granted, he felt really terrible about it and I still think there's a chance he might come to my party that weekend.

I assume this is all good stuff, but does this guy just have an amazing memory, or is he maybe in love with me?

I'd say it's a good sign, because not only is he remembering but he's doing things about the things he's remembering.

On the other hand who knows where relationships go, they are all a risk. My ex was like this last year. Always remembering little things. Though he cooked me dinner once, poisoned me with prawns, then a year later when we were friends went to order a take away and wanted us to share the prawn dish......even as a friend with no romantic background, I thought that was one hell of a memory lapse!

I definitely think this is a good sign. He's interested in you, and wants to make you happy. Being a guy, I would only do this for a girl I want to impress or show her I really do care.

Let me ask you ladies, how do you feel if a guy does these things? Like remembers things you say? It seems like its spooking you out? Is it weird? Or to much?

I definitely think he likes you enough to take notice of your interests.

My bf doesn't have the greatest memory sometimes, but when it comes to me, he will remember every little detail. I think it's really sweet when he comes up with someone that I'd even forgot that has happened. In fact, he still remembers what I wore on our first date nearly 3 years ago.

You'll know how he feels about you based on his actions. Don't overthink things and just seize the moment.

Definitely a sign that he likes you a great deal. I have a very good memory-- almost eidetic -- but that memory isn't sufficient to remember things like this unless I really like the woman I am dating and am very focused on what she is saying. He's clearly listening closely to you, and showing that he cares. I'd take it as a very good sign.

• 5 months later...

I think its incredibly romantic when a man remembers the small things. The guy I am with now remembered I love guacamole after I made only brief reference to it two weeks prior. I was amazed that he cared enough lol. Then again Ive been with enough jerks to appreciate this kind of gesture. But it could also be that he just has a better memory than me idk lol.

Archived