Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

How to make twin boy and girl?

I wonder if that can be somewhat controlled? I so want to have twins with a boy and a girl. Oh, that will be a blessing!!

Any kind of special diet that will help?

unfortunately not unless you have something like ivf/ gender choice ivf
    ** Because life is to short try anything once! **

** When you cry, I wipe away all of your tears when you scream, I fight away all of your fears and I held your hand through all of these years and you still have all of me **

I don't think there are any scientific research that prove special diets help though there are many theories I'm sure you can find. You can probably raise the odd with IVF but if you implant say three embryos (or even four with two girls & two boys), you could end up with just one or multiples.
    [URL="http://www.enotalone.com/forum/forum-rules.php"][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/URL]

Ask your doctor. I agree that IVF is the only way I can imagine ...but even then I don't think you get to pick the gender..??
    "It'll all be okay in the end....so if it's not okay, it's not the end." -Unknown

"Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission." - Eleanor Roosevelt

To have a twin boy and girl, it means you need to ovulate two eggs in one month, which really there is no control for... you could get fertility treatments to make that happen, but they are expensive and risky.

btw, my brother has twins and though he loves them, having twins is an incredbily exhausting and expensive undertaking. You have double the expenses at the exact same time, plus you basically don't sleep for the first few years of their lives because they are usually not sleeping or eating or being sick at the same time, so you have a round the clock child care marathon with no respite.

So this falls in the category of be careful what you wish for.

Quote Originally Posted by savignon View Post
    Ask your doctor. I agree that IVF is the only way I can imagine ...but even then I don't think you get to pick the gender..??
    You can pick the gender, when they extract the eggs and grow the embryos they pick the ones that survive the cycle. Say out of 25, 11 of the embryos grow healthy and pass PGD testing. Then that 11 is frozen until three or so embryos are chosen to be implanted; this is when they choose which gender to implant into the mother or the surrogate. Chances of twins from IVF they say are 25~30% of the pregnancies. When my wife did the IVF for another couple they implanted two boys and a girl.

Like Lavender said it's very expensive. But if you have twins running in your family then of course you have a better chance
    [URL="http://www.enotalone.com/forum/forum-rules.php"][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/URL]

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SillyDate View Post
    I wonder if that can be somewhat controlled? I so want to have twins with a boy and a girl. Oh, that will be a blessing!!

Any kind of special diet that will help?
    There is no way to control that. Even with IVF, which is super expensive, you still only have about a 30% chance. No diet will change your chances either.

Manipulated conception or you can pick your husband based on his genetics, ha ha.
    There is a (somewhat) predictable pattern to having twins so if he has any in his family it's more likely.

I really - should I ever have kids - want twins, too.

There are certain factors that do increase the odds. I know that if you are older you are more likely to have twins naturally. Something about the biological clock ramps up as you get closer to menopause. Not to mention if you are older you are more likely to use fertility drugs and they often increase chances. Then if you are heavier or taller than average or twins run in your family you are more likely. I know for myself I fall into almost all of these factors (except the heavy one) and I have strong feelings I'll have twins. I hope so actually because I'll probably be around 42 or so before I have kids so it would be nice to have two at one time since I may not get pregnant again. I've heard though that boy/girl are the most common forms of twins but not sure how true that is. Apparently it's easier to conceive fraternal twins than identical.

Quote Originally Posted by newwave View Post
    There are certain factors that do increase the odds. I know that if you are older you are more likely to have twins naturally. Something about the biological clock ramps up as you get closer to menopause. Not to mention if you are older you are more likely to use fertility drugs and they often increase chances. Then if you are heavier or taller than average or twins run in your family you are more likely. I know for myself I fall into almost all of these factors (except the heavy one) and I have strong feelings I'll have twins. I hope so actually because I'll probably be around 42 or so before I have kids so it would be nice to have two at one time since I may not get pregnant again. I've heard though that boy/girl are the most common forms of twins but not sure how true that is. Apparently it's easier to conceive fraternal twins than identical.
    I can't even imagine having one child at my age, let alone two children at the same time! I never understood how people could choose to have children in their forties. I find it unfair to the children....at a young age they will have to deal with aging parents. In their twenties and early thirties while they are trying to set up their life, they will have to deal with aging and possibly ill parents. I find it amazing (not in a good way) that men in their late forties and fifties, and even sixties, father children..to me that is just very selfish and unfair to the child. I just don't think women should be allowed to have fertility drugs in their forties...sometimes in life you don't get everything you want. Just because the technology is there, doesn't mean it is wise to use it.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Babies who are conceived with the help of some methods of fertility treatment are at more risk of birth defects than babies who are born to parents ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Women, who suffer from excess weight or have Type 2 or gestational diabetes during pregnancy, are at an increased risk of having a child with ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Pregnancy may decrease a woman's risk of developing the debilitating illness multiple sclerosis, Australian researchers have found. It has already ...