How many of you have gotten pregnant even while using a condom?

millaj

I'm just curious what the probability of that type of thing would be. Have any of you experienced it or known anyone close you that has? More interested in you because if you know someone it happened to, it may have been a lie. People do lie to try and redeem themselves.

I had sex last week on my highest fertility day (based on one of those online ovulation calendars). I don't ever have sex with men because I was dating women. But I happened to sleep with a friend of mine last week (Sunday the 5th and Tuesday the 7th) both my fertile days... we used condoms, but we had sex so many times and he would come inside me (in the condom) but sometimes stay inside of me (with condom on but still pressing inside of me to try and get me to come) and I was kinda upside down off the bed and he was in there pumping for like two minutes after ejaculation. Then there was touching in between, fingering, oral sex touching and then fingering. I just don't think we were as careful as we could have been.

I have had two people tell me randomly that I am glowing and ask me if I was pregnant. I only told one of them that I had sex and before I could say that it was protected she said OMG your pregnant! I'm just like hmmmm... and I told my roommate that I was pmsing and he said "or your pregnant".

I'd be happy if I was, but it would still be crazy because we did use a condom. It would be like a miracle.

No matter what protection is used the *chance* is always there. I know someone who used condoms and the pill and still got pregnant

The only way I think to be sure will be to take a preg test. There is the chance sperm may of leeked out of the condom, but there always is the chance it didn't as well. However with him staying in there 2 minutes with his sperm inside the condom, still inside you, you never do know...

I wouldn't take the glowing assumption, because again there is the chance that your not pregnant at all but there also is the chance you might be.

Just take the test

I wish there was a way to know sooner! I'm kinda anxious about it lol

It sucks cuz I know that if I get too excited about the thought of it then I will have psychosomatic symptoms.

Right now I just have pms symptoms like swollen breasts, slight cramping, etc. I know those to be pregnancy symptoms and pms symptoms lol so never know.

You're probably not pregnant, and the glowing could be just from a weekend of good sex. But yeah, you were sloppy. In general, the man should pull out after he comes, and make sure the condom comes out too. As soon as enough time has passed for a pregnancy test to be effective, you should take one.

I think the glow is from working out so much the past three weeks and losing 10 pounds! I'm just staying focused on good health. But yea it was sloppy and I got very anxious afterwords with fear (and the next morning even had a panic attack). But now I am at peace with whatever the outcome is. It's not his fault or anything. We are both college students but I am 31 and he's like 24 (I support myself, his parents support him). If I am pregnant I probably won't even tell him until later on cuz I don't want drama or disturbances.

I did....twice. And I was on the pill too My OB/gyne joked that he could throw a handful of corn in me and it would grow~LOL! Add that to the fact that my husband ejaculates an abnormal amount of sperm and it was a recipe for disaster...

If your friend "deflated" after ejaculation, there's a chance that some of the ejaculate worked its way out of the condom. If you were most fertile on the 5th (even the 7th), you should be able to buy a "First Response" pregnancy test because those are supposed to be able to be used 6 days before your missed period (which should be coming soon). It doesn't hurt to try....

I think you can take a pregnancy test a week or so before a missed period. Until then I would avoid alcohol, caffeine, aspirin, advil, etc. (and more importantly, talk to a doctor or go on an authoritative medical site like webmd or get a pregnancy book to see what to avoid. If you are I hope you do decide to tell the father, for the child's sake and his sake.

My last pregnancy was disastrous then my baby was born with a birth defect and he died after 6 months.

If I could have done anything different I just wouldn't have told the father (aka sperm donor) who, along with his wife (who I knew nothing about prior), tortured me the whole pregnancy.

If I am and I do tell the father, I won't tell him until close to the delivery so he can make a decision then. But I want him to know he has a choice to not be involved.

I got pregnant while using a condom, when I was 19. It wasn't what I wanted, so I didn't keep the baby, BUT I was shocked that by using protection I still found myself pregnant. I believe there was another poster on here, who had that happen as well.

But it seems really soon to be reading into symptoms and signs. I know for me, I didn't get "signs" that I was pregnant until I was supposed to get my period(the week prior to when I was supposed to get my period I had flu-like symptoms, and a weird sore throat, and I was very tired, then I cramped, sore breasts, etc--thinking I was going to get my period. It never came. Two weeks later I began having VERY bad heart burn--so bad that I didn't eat. I also began exhibiting more severe flu like symptoms and could barely walk or move without feeling sick. I thought I had mono or some disease. Only to find it was pregnancy. With that being said the symptoms didn't happen right after having sex.

It's about 7 days prior to menstruation for me right now too. No flu like symptoms but I do remember getting that really bad last time too. However I am on a vitamin and eating regimen right now that has my immune system really boosted! I do wake up with the sniffles and sore throat. But it could be b/c of the freezing weather.

My last pregnancy was disastrous then my baby was born with a birth defect and he died after 6 months.

If I could have done anything different I just wouldn't have told the father (aka sperm donor) who, along with his wife (who I knew nothing about prior), tortured me the whole pregnancy.

If I am and I do tell the father, I won't tell him until close to the delivery so he can make a decision then. But I want him to know he has a choice to not be involved.

I'm sorry this happened to you with your first child. It sounds like your priority is to have a child whether or not there is an involved father but that because there is some ambivalence you chose to use a condom but not in the safest way. Would you consider talking to a professional to sort out your ambivalence and feelings before you bring a life into the world? You've been through a lot and from your posts it doesn't sound like you're thinking clearly about this.

I'm sorry this happened to you with your first child. It sounds like your priority is to have a child whether or not there is an involved father but that because there is some ambivalence you chose to use a condom but not in the safest way. Would you consider talking to a professional to sort out your ambivalence and feelings before you bring a life into the world? You've been through a lot and from your posts it doesn't sound like you're thinking clearly about this.

I do see a psychologist and there have been plenty of times that I had the option to get pregnant but didn't do it. I didn't purposely have a sloppy sexual experience recently, it just happened that way and then when a friend told me about how the sperm can seep out I got a little worried. But I have always wanted to be a mom and I think that if I were pregnant right now I would be happy and it would be a good time since I'll be graduating with my BA in May and wouldn't actually be due until like September. Nobody knows when the "right" time is, but since i'll at least be finished with school it seems like it would be fine. I have a lot of family and friend support too.

As a matter of fact I saw my counselor today lol. She knows about all of this and she knows all that I have been through. We have talked about tons of things that contribute to my life and experiences. I know I have been in dumb relationships and can be desperate for love. But I do believe I would be an amazing mom because I have taken care of kids all of my life and when it comes down to it I know how to prioritize and am a great provider. If I could give up any of the success I have had in the past 6 years to have my son back I would.

It's so unfortunate to me that some people who don't want kids end up having them and using the system to get money, then there are those who want them and either cannot get pregnant or have gotten pregnant but had miscarriages and or their kids have died for whatever reason.

I think everyone who is a decent person and who has the means to take care of a child should be able to have a baby if they want one.

I know people who had vasectomies and tubal ligations who got pregnant so if that happens, I trust other forms less. OP, it sounds like you just want to get pregnant and that is dangerous and just sad. A baby deserves a father and it's not fair to deny this to him if he wants to be involved. And you say you'll be finishing college but what if you can't find a job? Many people have been unemployed YEARS.

I hope you aren't pregnant and that you really think about this.

I agree with you @newwave, every baby deserves a father, but stuff happens and I believe that one parent with community and family support can be stronger than sometimes 2 people raising a child together depending on the situation. I would hope that he would want to be in his child's life but if not, it is not his fault and I know from experience you can't trap anyone and that is not my intention.

I am thinking about this though. Especially since I have another guy that even though he lives in another country, he wants to marry me. Sometimes I wonder why I get into situations like this when I could have someone who wants the best of all of it, relationship, family, etc. But I'm scared of that... I don't want to be hurt or disappointed by people. Sometimes I think I'll do better off single and with loving animals.

But I know I make a great mom so if it happens like I said I will be happy.

I wish there was a way to know sooner! I'm kinda anxious about it lol

It sucks cuz I know that if I get too excited about the thought of it then I will have psychosomatic symptoms.

Right now I just have pms symptoms like swollen breasts, slight cramping, etc. I know those to be pregnancy symptoms and pms symptoms lol so never know.

You really can't go off symptoms, as they can mean so many different things. You can take a pregnancy test after 2 weeks from the sexual encounter or after you miss your period. Either timing should give you an accurate result.

Also, I wanted to state that I got pregnant when using condoms. My boyfriend and I always try to be careful, as I am still in school and want to get my degree first, and we're just not ready in general(financially). I don't know how it happened and am still confused as my boyfriend always checks the condom after, too. I really don't know. I also ended up miscarrying and that was probably one of the hardest things I have ever gone through.

It's very rare to get pregnant while using some type of protection, like condoms. When you have sex, there are many chemical reactions and hormonal reactions that go on and that could give you a nice glow. I wouldn't assume you are pregnant. Also, it's good to have 2 parents for the child's sake, so if you are pregnant, inform the father sooner rather than later.

Of course "stuff happens" -in your case what happened was you decided to have sex without using a condom in a safe way, so in my opinion that's different from a true accident. I agree with Newwave but of course you're entitled to your own standards about what is in the best interests of a child as far as having a two-parent family. I hope you find out soon what is happening for your sake and the baby's.

Theres no way of knowing by analising symptoms and events that happened. All you can do is do a test when it is likely to be accurate! It's good that you are at peace with your situation either way, I was in the same situation when I fell pregnant on the pill this year- I freaked out a bit because it was unplanned and I didn't know the father that well, but I came to terms with it fairly quickly because I knew in my heart it was what I wanted. I also considered not telling the father until later on because his input really didn't matter that much to me in terms of decision making but I decided it was wrong not to- at the end of the day, if I was so sure myself then I would be able to stand firm in my communication with him. I also gave him every chance to walk away, it was his choice to stick around and we are working on things pretty well.

I guess I'm real lucky. I've been using condoms for 8 years, without taking a pill/ring/patch/shot/IUD (can't take them because of serious medical side effects), and never got pregnant. I was told to stay away from Trojan brands from a college campus doctor because they have been reported to break frequently than most condom brands. I was told that Durex is the best and never came accross problems with it. I always check the box before purchase, store them in a safe place, and check after taking it out of the package.

Don't worry about it. "Glowing" doesn't automatically indicate you're pregnant. Be smart and get an over-the-counter pregnancy test to determine if you are or not.

• 4 months later...

Archived