Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How many of you have gotten pregnant even while using a condom?

I'm just curious what the probability of that type of thing would be. Have any of you experienced it or known anyone close you that has? More interested in you because if you know someone it happened to, it may have been a lie. People do lie to try and redeem themselves.

I had sex last week on my highest fertility day (based on one of those online ovulation calendars). I don't ever have sex with men because I was dating women. But I happened to sleep with a friend of mine last week (Sunday the 5th and Tuesday the 7th) both my fertile days... we used condoms, but we had sex so many times and he would come inside me (in the condom) but sometimes stay inside of me (with condom on but still pressing inside of me to try and get me to come) and I was kinda upside down off the bed and he was in there pumping for like two minutes after ejaculation. Then there was touching in between, fingering, oral sex touching and then fingering. I just don't think we were as careful as we could have been.

I have had two people tell me randomly that I am glowing and ask me if I was pregnant. I only told one of them that I had sex and before I could say that it was protected she said OMG your pregnant! I'm just like hmmmm... and I told my roommate that I was pmsing and he said "or your pregnant".

I'd be happy if I was, but it would still be crazy because we did use a condom. It would be like a miracle.
    May you have enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trials to make
    you strong, enough sorrow to keep you human and enough hope to make you
    happy.

No matter what protection is used the *chance* is always there. I know someone who used condoms and the pill and still got pregnant :/

The only way I think to be sure will be to take a preg test. There is the chance sperm may of leeked out of the condom, but there always is the chance it didn't as well. However with him staying in there 2 minutes with his sperm inside the condom, still inside you, you never do know...

I wouldn't take the glowing assumption, because again there is the chance that your not pregnant at all but there also is the chance you might be.

Just take the test

I wish there was a way to know sooner! I'm kinda anxious about it lol

It sucks cuz I know that if I get too excited about the thought of it then I will have psychosomatic symptoms.

Right now I just have pms symptoms like swollen breasts, slight cramping, etc. I know those to be pregnancy symptoms and pms symptoms lol so never know.
    happy.

Platinum Member
    You're probably not pregnant, and the glowing could be just from a weekend of good sex. But yeah, you were sloppy. In general, the man should pull out after he comes, and make sure the condom comes out too. As soon as enough time has passed for a pregnancy test to be effective, you should take one.

I think the glow is from working out so much the past three weeks and losing 10 pounds! I'm just staying focused on good health. But yea it was sloppy and I got very anxious afterwords with fear (and the next morning even had a panic attack). But now I am at peace with whatever the outcome is. It's not his fault or anything. We are both college students but I am 31 and he's like 24 (I support myself, his parents support him). If I am pregnant I probably won't even tell him until later on cuz I don't want drama or disturbances.
    happy.

Gold Member
    I did....twice. And I was on the pill too My OB/gyne joked that he could throw a handful of corn in me and it would grow~LOL! Add that to the fact that my husband ejaculates an abnormal amount of sperm and it was a recipe for disaster...

If your friend "deflated" after ejaculation, there's a chance that some of the ejaculate worked its way out of the condom. If you were most fertile on the 5th (even the 7th), you should be able to buy a "First Response" pregnancy test because those are supposed to be able to be used 6 days before your missed period (which should be coming soon). It doesn't hurt to try....

Wow @3boys you definitely are fertile!! Geez, how do you think it happened? I think I may buy one! I had a regular pee test on Monday but I think that was way too soon.
    happy.

Platinum Member
    I think you can take a pregnancy test a week or so before a missed period. Until then I would avoid alcohol, caffeine, aspirin, advil, etc. (and more importantly, talk to a doctor or go on an authoritative medical site like webmd or get a pregnancy book to see what to avoid. If you are I hope you do decide to tell the father, for the child's sake and his sake.

My last pregnancy was disastrous then my baby was born with a birth defect and he died after 6 months.

If I could have done anything different I just wouldn't have told the father (aka sperm donor) who, along with his wife (who I knew nothing about prior), tortured me the whole pregnancy.

If I am and I do tell the father, I won't tell him until close to the delivery so he can make a decision then. But I want him to know he has a choice to not be involved.
    happy.

Platinum Member
    I got pregnant while using a condom, when I was 19. It wasn't what I wanted, so I didn't keep the baby, BUT I was shocked that by using protection I still found myself pregnant. I believe there was another poster on here, who had that happen as well.

But it seems really soon to be reading into symptoms and signs. I know for me, I didn't get "signs" that I was pregnant until I was supposed to get my period(the week prior to when I was supposed to get my period I had flu-like symptoms, and a weird sore throat, and I was very tired, then I cramped, sore breasts, etc--thinking I was going to get my period. It never came. Two weeks later I began having VERY bad heart burn--so bad that I didn't eat. I also began exhibiting more severe flu like symptoms and could barely walk or move without feeling sick. I thought I had mono or some disease. Only to find it was pregnancy. With that being said the symptoms didn't happen right after having sex.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Babies who are conceived with the help of some methods of fertility treatment are at more risk of birth defects than babies who are born to parents ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Women, who suffer from excess weight or have Type 2 or gestational diabetes during pregnancy, are at an increased risk of having a child with ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Pregnancy may decrease a woman's risk of developing the debilitating illness multiple sclerosis, Australian researchers have found. It has already ...