Girl is moving away... but I think we like each other?

wintermute1

So in the other post I made, I mentioned a girl I was interested in that I sometimes volunteer with. She gave me the cold shoulder for a bit, but now we're good again. She told me that it was because she was actually dealing with a lot of bs with an ex. I understood and told her it was ok.

Anyways, the other day, she was telling me about her family and said how her dad never likes any of her boyfriends. I asked why, and she said "I'm not sure..." then after a bit of a silence, she said "You know, you're really nice... umm... You are a good listener! And I like talking to you!" but not in the usual friendly way, almost like she was a bit shy, which she is not usually. To me it almost sounded like she was thinking about me as a possible bf way but...

... she then told me that in a couple of months she is moving back to Japan. She has some job prospects and family there and wants to pursue them. I asked if she would ever come back to this city and she said she wasn't sure.

Then after a bit of an awkward silence, I said to her "Hey, yknow me and some of my friends are planning to travel to Asia after we graduate uni, or maybe even teach English there for a year. maybe when I'm there we can meet up!"

She asked what country I would teach English in/visit, and I said I wasn't sure. She somewhat excitedly told me to go to Japan. I said I was definitely interested in Japan, but wasn't sure yet. She then said "Nono come to Japan!" and gave me her e-mail address that she uses in Japan and her phone number in Japan. She told me to call and e-mail her when I arrive in Japan. She had a pretty serious tone to her voice.

Am I reading too much into this, or is she genuinely interested in me? I can't imagine nor do I expect her to wait for me to set foot in Japan. But given what happened, I was sort of taken aback. I've never had a girl act like this towards me before.

Do you think it would be worth it to pursue a relatoinship that would be in-person for only a month or so, then LDR? I'm not even 100% that I will go to Japan because it depends on my money situation.

I really like her and I am getting vibes from her that she may have some feelings for me. But I'm not sure if this will just cause us pain later.

That sounds very interesting!

She seems very into keeping communication with you.

You could definitely have an LDR. I think it would be good, because

when in an LDR, you don't have physical contact obviously and so you

have to talk, which leads you to find out more about one another.

Which needless to say, easily comes in handy. Especially if you get

together and you already have established common interests and

whatnot.

Archived