asking out a nurse

espress

okay, I know that patients often flirt with attractive nurses, so they're probably used to getting that sort of attention if they're cute

has anyone had any success asking out a nurse they genuinely felt attracted to, and ran into sometimes outside of her work?

any nurses out there who have been asked out by a patient?

she's attractive, and I've seen her around several times, and I've wanted to ask her out - but I held back because I was concerned it might come off as weird (she was my nurse a few times at a hospital about a year ago)

any advice for me? would she be violating any ethics of any sort if she said yes?

I know you can't ask out a doctor so I don't see why this wouldn't apply to a nurse as well. She's taking care of you and it's sort of an unfair slant in the nurse/patient relationship. Despite her feelings (if any) she will undoubtedly be obligated to tell you no.

i think a doctor can date a patient as long as they aren't treating them anymore. at least, that's what i think. i could be wrong.

in any case, i say go for it and ask her out. nothing ventured, nothing gained. if she's not interested, she'll say it violates hospital rules and then you can just move on. if she's interested, then you have a date!!

• 1 year later...

I was going to ask out one nurse at a walk in medi clinic years back. She was an attractive full figured red head with nice blue eyes. But I figured that if I did she would not only say "no", she would get all "uncomfortable" and I would either have to switch clinics (because my presence would bother her, or they would call the cops or something stupid like that. Any opinions?

There are ethical limitations to Doctor/patient or Nurse/patient relationships however those ethical limitations fall upon the Doctor or Nurse but not you. I dont really see an issue with you asking out your former nurse who took care of you while you were in this hospital about a year ago. Next time you see her, greet here and do some catching up and see what happens.

A buddy of mine has his appendix removed a few weeks ago. When another buddy and I visited him, a really cute nurse came and picked up his food trays. Apparently, as he was getting ready to leave, he told her that if he didn't talk to her he'd be upset with himself and asked for her number. She gave it to him and they went out last night...apparently it went well and they're going out again tuesday!

So, i'd say ask away provided she won't be continuing to treat you. Don't be creepy about it, though!

Archived