Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze Member

our first date... a lunch date... he didn't kiss me afterwards...

I had my first date with a man today. Our first meet was a few days ago.
    We met for lunch and talked about all sorts of things. He's an interesting man.
    After lunch we walked together out to the parking lot.
    He hugged me goodbye and then he asked me if I'd like to go out again and I accepted.
    But he didn't kiss me. Is he saving our first kiss for a night time date perhaps?
    He isn't the type of man who would go out with a woman that he doesn't find attractive.
    This much I learned from our first meet. So clearly he's attracted and I'm attracted.
    Maybe he thinks it would be moving too fast to have our first kiss so early on?

Why didn't he kiss me?????

Not everyone likes to kiss on the first date, no matter how much they like someone. I prefer to save that for a second or third date. More comfortable for me.

I don't kiss every guy I date. I wait a few dates.

Platinum Member
    Because you haven't even been on a date yet and maybe he doesn't want to overwhelm you (I can see guys thinking "geez we can't win- if we make a pass too soon we're too aggressive but if we wait until a first date...")

Because two girls in this thread have posted that they dont kiss on a first date. So from a mans perspective, he probably knows that a first date is not the time to kiss a girl (based on his experiences or things his female friends might say?)

I like to kiss on the first date - if the connection is there........But Im kinda different LOL
    Keep Calm and Carry On

Wow it's like insecurity day on ena. I wonder if is because of the holiday season and people are feeling lonely ... Anywho ... I think you need to calm down a little. It is ok not to kiss on a first date. No need to start overthinking things. It was only a first date anyway.

Platinum Member
    Don't worry about it. Take one day at a time! Did you have fun? Do you want to see him again? If so, plan another date.

If you get to date 5 or 6 and he hasn't kissed you yet, let's talk. lol!

Gold Member
    I don't see why people get so worked up over not getting a kiss. In my opinion and I am a guy it's kind of weird. I don't have a problem doing it, but it's so hit or miss with people.

Do you meet someone at the store, talk to them and then kiss them goodbye? It's the first date, the first time meeting, don't get worked up because he wasn't immediately did something like a kiss. A nice hug, compliments and the fact he set something else up is enough to show interest.
    "Love's happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." - Jimmy Ruffin
    "There are many things I'd like to say to you, but I don't know how..." - Oasis

Plenty of people kiss on the first date simply because they like the physical thrill of kissing someone, not necessarily because they are really interested in the person. A kiss on the first date doesn't necessarily mean there will be future dates. Kiss or no kiss on the first date often has very little bearing on what is really going on in someone's head.

On my first date with my bf, he didn't kiss me. It took around the fourth date that we finally kissed, and even that kiss was awkward. We're together now. I don't think you should overthink this; he's interested and that's why he asked you on a date!
    I've been searching for a heart of gold...
    - Neil Young

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Contrary to the common belief that online dating is only for the young individuals, the new research by two Bowling Green State University professors ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
How much are men willing to spend while dating highly depends on a number of women available around them, claims a new research by the University of ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that the real problem for unemployed men is not that they cannot pay their bills, but that they actually cannot get dates, a new survey ...