Thread: what does it mean when a man watches you sleep?

what does it mean when a man watches you sleep?

my err friend, he doesnt want a relationship, so basically its a fb w benefits thing, started out that way anyhow... i care a great deal, he has told me he cares. and i know the reason he doesnt want a relationship is he is afraid of getting hurt again. same here.... spending time with him, and when he is with me, he watches me sleep... he will pretend he is sleeping if i happen to move or look up, but he watches and i am wondering what that means.
    i have my own ideas but if anyone has somethign to offer???please do

Don't think anything of it. He seems unavailable, but you sound like you like him. You sure you can handle this?

nope lol but it is what it is... and its good to feel again

He may be watching you sleeping out of fear that you're going to leave- if he doesn't want a relationship because he's worried about getting hurt- he may have commitment issues. Or on completely the other hand he may just enjoy watching you sleep- because some guys think girls are gorgeous when they're sleeping? Hope either of them help

FWB work tenuously at best even when both parties have no other involved feelings.

You being concerned about what it means - and I'm getting a feeling from how you wrote that you would like it to mean something... says that you are vested more than a FWB. This is spelling disaster... you may not want to admit it now but when he's over it... you won't be.

Listen to what he tells you. He isn't interested in more... for whatever reasons which don't matter cause the first part of his sentence says it all.

Tread carefully

Hmm.. could be
    1) Because he thinks you look peaceful and beautiful when you sleep (this is what my H says to me about why he watches me in the mornings, in between reading his kindle of course ) - BUT still doesn't want a commitment. You can stare at something beautiful without wanting to commit to a lifetime (or even a relationship) with it, lets say.
    2) Because he loves you (this is why I watch my husband when he's asleep sometimes - it pulls on the heartstrings to see him in so vulnerable a state).
    3) Because he thinks you look odd when you sleep and can't figure out why.
    4) Because he's wondering how long this can go on and trying to weigh things up.
    5) Because he can't sleep and it's better than staring at the ceiling.
    6) Because he's curious about the way your face looks.

It could be anything. Must be difficult for you though because we're lead to believe this means something sweet and when done in the context of a committed relationship it usually does mean something sweet. But in the context of an FB relationship you really do risk getting heart broken.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Love is the answer.

I don't come with "non-judgment". If I did, evolution would have knocked my genes out a thousand generations ago.

Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
The journal Social Psychology and Personality Science has published a new study according to which individuals who consume organic foods have ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Ben Barry, a modeling agency CEO, has recently conducted a survey in order to find out what kinds of models inspire women to buy their clothes. He ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Eating diet high in trans fats is associated with irritability and aggression, say researchers from the University of California, San Diego School of ...