Do you prefer someone that goes out a lot to someone that doesn't?

Brightest Dark

I know everyone's different but just wondering who prefers members of the opposite sex that go out to clubs and bars compared to those that maybe don't go to clubs and do other things like go to concerts or do other activities?

I think the guy I like likes a drink and goes to clubs sometimes. Personally I don't care about that, but I'm wondering if he'd think I was boring because I don't often go to clubs these days. I used to when I was 23/24 but now I'm over 30 I prefer to go to lots of concerts to watch bands when I go out, and don't tend to go out drinking in bars or clubs (I'm straight edge and don't drink anyway). I also have a smaller circle of friends. Most of my best friends live further away or have settled down and I don't hang out in a big group. Would you prefer not to date a girl that was quieter and didn't go out to clubs? If a girl was quiet and a bit more serious than the type that likes to party, would you not be interested? Do you prefer girls that are more outgoing with a larger circle of friends, or do you like the slightly less extroverted type? Also, as you've gotten older (to those that are older) have you found you prefer not to go to clubs so much and prefer members of the opposite sex that don't also?

I like the type that go to the bars, but I am 24 so that might change. I see myself liking more chill bars now where you can just sit and have a few drinks and actually hear the conversation. If I met a nice quieter person that likes to just have a few drink and have some fun once in a while I would be happy with that.

I prefer a guy who isn't in to the club/drinking scene. This is mainly because i am not. I have dated a guy who was, and i found i was bored out of my mind. My Bf isn't into that scene either and he liked the fact i wasn't. He went through it when he was younger but had no interest in it now. It probably changes as you get older, and it also depends what sort of circle of friends/life style you lead i guess. I've never been into the drinking scene and rarely drink, so i dont find it enjoyable!

The whole point of the club/party/bar scene is to meet new people and to hook up, if not physically then emotionally or intellectually.

I'd prefer someone who is one "hooking up" with new people. A homebody would be awesome, an adventurous homebody would be phenomonal.

As I have an introvert personality, I choose not to attend parties or large gatherings. I am very lucky to have met and been in a really good relationship with someone just like me that prefers to stay in and separate himself from that lifestyle. He has been in relationships where she preferred to party and be out all the time so he tells me how thankful he is that I am completely opposite of how his past has been and that we are on the same level.

In my opinion, partying or going out to clubs is not a big deal if that is just the person you are, but it is a good idea to be with someone who understands that part of you and accepts it.

I know that if I was in a relationship with someone out all the time, me being a jealous enough person as it is, it would be a horrible experience and would not last long.

Personally I would prefer a woman who's done with the club, bar and partying scene. Never really been my style. It doesn't matter what we do, as long as we can do it together.

I do agree with this. That sort of lifestyle I personally classify to be in a person's earlier years, before they are ready to settle down with someone. When you are older going to clubs for a potential partner, you are more than likely to pick up someone that is immature and not ready for settling, someone you would not be happy with down the road because when you first found them they were in the club just looking for fun.

I prefer someone who is a homebody, like me.

In the end, it's all about who matches YOUR lifestyle. If you don't want to go out, then it's best to find someone who doesn't either so you can enjoy your time together, not one always wanting to go out and the other wanting to stay in.

I never got into the club/party scene. Heck, I still haven't had alcohol at college. It's just not for me. So, I seek out people who are like me in that regard - no partying. It's just another way that I need to be compatible with someone.

The whole point of the club/party/bar scene is to meet new people and to hook up, if not physically then emotionally or intellectually.

I'd prefer someone who is one "hooking up" with new people. A homebody would be awesome, an adventurous homebody would be phenomonal.

Im a homebody, but people treat it as there is something wrong with you - more so if you are younger and everyone else your age is out getting smashed. Im 27 and never have been drunk and the looks i get could almost kill! I dont aspire to have my head in a toilet bowl at the end of the night.

I find going camping, driving, watching movies, rock climbing, travelling, much more enjoyable than the party scene, so its just a matter of finding someone else who does too. Thankfully, not everyone is into the drinking/club scene.

yea, im only 18, but I'm not into partying, clubbing or going to bars in general.. to be frank i love fitness and keeping in shape.. to me a good friday night is just relaxing at home recovering, reading a book, playing video games or just chilling with some mates watching a movie, or seeing my girl and taking her out to dinner, if i had a girl i mean :S.

I'm not into drinking at all, and I cant stand girls that get sloshed every weekend.. so yea basically im not into that scene at all and i would prefer to find a girl whos the same, who appreciates finer things in a way. It's not that i dont go out at night, just that i avoid all that, im into going out in the day instead. Of course i cop alot from people who think I'm "weird" because I don't follow the crowd, but who cares, my life, not theirs.

So, yes what you're saying is quite true!

Im a homebody, but people treat it as there is something wrong with you - more so if you are younger and everyone else your age is out getting smashed. Im 27 and never have been drunk and the looks i get could almost kill! I dont aspire to have my head in a toilet bowl at the end of the night.

I find going camping, driving, watching movies, rock climbing, travelling, much more enjoyable than the party scene, so its just a matter of finding someone else who does too. Thankfully, not everyone is into the drinking/club scene.

Bang on! I'm exactly the same!

My bf used to enjoy the club scene, but as he's gotten older it died down. I'm more of a homebody and he doesn't mind it at all.

I think it really depends on the person, and how old they are. Some people just enjoy doing other things than going to clubs and bars.

Grr I just know what you mean.

I'm 20 and everyone my age is out partying and I hate that whole scene. It stinks. I've never been drunk or anything. I don't intend to start doing it either. Really dampens your social life when you don't aspire to have your "head in a toilet bowl" as you say. Gosh, that's true.

Grr I just know what you mean.

I'm 20 and everyone my age is out partying and I hate that whole scene. It stinks. I've never been drunk or anything. I don't intend to start doing it either. Really dampens your social life when you don't aspire to have your "head in a toilet bowl" as you say. Gosh, that's true.

Who cares what others think Fudgie, be yourself. People think you're weird, but in reality they're dumb themselves. They all follow the crowd, are destroying their livers and they end up not knowing what's even going on! Let alone the next morning hangover. So, yes u should pride yourself in not being a sheep, as I do. I'm totally not into that scene, and I'm only 18! But of course my mates think im weird or something.. I've nearly been drunk once when i was like 16 for some stupid reason, and I didn't like it one bit. To me, parties are pretty boring, standing around meeting random people and drinking. So basically if you don't like drinking, there's nothing there for you in a way, unless u love the awkwardness of meeting heaps of new people and standing around talking to them the whole night.

Would you prefer not to date a girl that was quieter and didn't go out to clubs? If a girl was quiet and a bit more serious than the type that likes to party, would you not be interested? Do you prefer girls that are more outgoing with a larger circle of friends, or do you like the slightly less extroverted type? Also, as you've gotten older (to those that are older) have you found you prefer not to go to clubs so much and prefer members of the opposite sex that don't also?

God no, that would be my perfect match. Because I tend to be introverted, and quiet myself, and don't like girls that are too 'wild.' Give me a quiet, intelligent girl and I'll be happy.

I prefer a girl who can go either way, but most importantly, who's schedule can coincide with mine. I'm a musician, so sometimes I'm out playing 3-4 times a week and get home from gigs often after 12am. Being single, I do have moments of missing cuddle time late at night. I don't mind a girl I'm dating to be at my gigs, but it's her choice, and she should have her life as well.

I'm out a lot depending on the week, but not usually hanging out for most of it. Nowadays, if it's not a gig, I am either at work or home.

Im a homebody, but people treat it as there is something wrong with you - more so if you are younger and everyone else your age is out getting smashed. Im 27 and never have been drunk and the looks i get could almost kill!

What, you don't want to worship The Porcelain God?

Seriously, isn't it interesting how much boneheaded conformity exists in the "Land of the Free"?

FWIW, I've been known to raise a few, but never to the point of vomiting or otherwise ruining my evening. (Shout-outs to the straight-edgers here!) I've no use for clubs unless there's a band playing (not a cover band, they're evil!). Parties tend to bug me out through sensory overload, so that's not a major part of my social life. Trouble is with finding alternatives. There don't seem to be many outside of major cities.

Who cares what others think Fudgie, be yourself. People think you're weird, but in reality they're dumb themselves. They all follow the crowd, are destroying their livers and they end up not knowing what's even going on! Let alone the next morning hangover. So, yes u should pride yourself in not being a sheep, as I do. I'm totally not into that scene, and I'm only 18! But of course my mates think im weird or something.. I've nearly been drunk once when i was like 16 for some stupid reason, and I didn't like it one bit. To me, parties are pretty boring, standing around meeting random people and drinking. So basically if you don't like drinking, there's nothing there for you in a way, unless u love the awkwardness of meeting heaps of new people and standing around talking to them the whole night.

That's very true! Just gotta be yourself!

Man, the pressure to party was the biggest when I was 18 and just entered college. Now, I still get pressured here and there, but it's not as bad, because people figure, if I haven't partied yet, I probably never will. Now I have the 21st b-day coming up but yeah, not going to do too much there

Archived