Ex texted me on my birthday... Need a little bit of advice

Well I went through the whole rollercoaster thing. Im feeling a little better. Some days are hard but I know how to keep myself occupied and I try my best to stay positive.

We're still friends but I didnt feel comfortable hanging around her so I tired to stay away from her as much as I can. Last time we saw each other was maybe about a month ago.

Anyway, today is my birthday and this morning she sent me a quick text wishing me happy birthday. I replied with a simple "thanks." Later in the evening she texted me again asking me what Im doing for my birthday. I just said that I was going out with some friends later.

A moment ago she texted back asking me how Ive been doing.

I dont really know how to go about this. She's striking a conversation and I know she just wants to catch up. Part of me wants to talk. We broke up in April and she's been with two guys since. Deep down, yes, I want the old her back, bue she's changed so much since we broke up. At this point (or at this moment at the very least) I just dont see us being together anymore, but she's been really nice to me (except for the obvious... you know... breaking my heart) and I just dont want to be rude and ignore the text.

I do miss her, but I dont want any mess either. I have to get up early tomorrow, so Im thinking about just going to bed and probably reply back tomorrow. Im just wondering what you guys think about all of this....

Thanks

You did the right thing...so far. Simple replies only, straight to the point replies only. Like Griffey said, 'cordial'.

Do not initiate contact, let her do it....and it looks like she's started. From here on out it's up to you...do you want to reconcile? Do you want her to leave you alone for good...forever? Do you feel strong enough to keep up some conversation with her, as friends? Will that open old wounds...or pull your heart back out for more pain?

Archived