Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else hate working full time?

Exclamation Anyone else hate working full time?

Not that I'm lazy, I want to work. but only part-time. does anyone else feel this way?? my reasons are this. I have no time to spend seeing friends, family or with my puppy wh is really attached. no time to run errands or clean the house. and no sleeping in I love sleep. I may be getting this good job next week thats full time and I don't know if I want it......anyone else feel this way??

Platinum Member renaissancewoman101's Avatar
    I dunno.

I look at it this way. At least with full time work I would be bringing in a nice "chunk o' change" vs part time. Also, usually full-time workers are eligible for bennies (health, dental, etc).

I wish I had a job right now and full time work sounds great.

But I do understand your POV too. Full time work can really run your life and leave you with very little free time,
    <---- sleepy Jasper

There are a few people in the world that truly enjoy and feel passionate about the work they do. Those people are to be envied. The rest of us show up so we can pay the bills. I have a great job and for the most part love it, other than the occasional bad day at the office. Would I rather be independently wealthy so that I could do what I REALLY want to do all day. Errr....that would be a resounding YES!

Why do you think the lotto is so popular?

Where is my free money from the sky dammit?

Honestly, right now it's a yes, but that's because the jobs I've had to take after graduation are not related to the industry I want to get into so some extra time will allow me to build my portfolio or volunteer. If I could find a fulltime job in the sector I want then I would happily sleep on the office floor and be first at my desk every day!

But I am extremely lucky that I can take the part time option and have the financial foundation to support it, otherwise I would have to work fulltime and not bat an eyelid. I presume you're in the same position if you have housekeeping and a pet to look after, which are responsibilities that need to be incorporated into your budget.

As someone said, very few people enjoy the jobs they do. They do it because they have to do it. Few people can get away with working part time and afford the necessities in life, such as rent/food/daily expendatures. Who wouldn't want to just do whatever they want to do and not have to work, we do it because we have to.

If it was my choice I would rather work part time and be full time with my kids. I prefer to experience every aspect of my kids growing up than to look at a computer screen all day.
    Sabrina don't stare at it, eat it!- Patrick Bateman

Silver Member
    I understand how you feel totally. Even though i love bringing home my full-time salary, i cant believe out of 24 hrs in a day i spend 8 hours at work and 8 hours sleeping. I thought the days of slavery were over. Im not lazy either, far from it actually, But my fiance and I were just talking about how we need to find a "get rich quick" scheme because this dog-eat-dog rat race we are living is just too exhausting. I live in New York and all its about here is getting the top degree so you can get the top job to make the most money to get the fanciest car and biggest house. Dont get me wrong...i want all of these things but i bet the road to it is taking years off of my life. I guess we can look forward to the day we retire except...oh yeah...we'll be too old and tired to do half of the things we wanted to. Sorry for venting but just letting you know i feel your sentiments exactly.
    I dont have all the answers... but I come pretty close!!!!

Platinum Member
    Yes, I hate it. My commute is 2 hours long, so I'm up at 5, out by 6, start work at 8, work until 5, get home around 7:30. Sometimes I fall asleep right away(and wake up at odd hours) or go to bed by 9:30/10. I have no life, really.

Gold Member
    Take the job. Full time jobs are hard to come by nowadays.
    Think about that check you'll be getting at the end of the week

Platinum Member
    Meh I don't mind it too much. If I were doing a full-time position that I loved I think I wouldn't mind. But I think the only times I've hated working full time, is when I didn't like the career/job.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
How much are men willing to spend while dating highly depends on a number of women available around them, claims a new research by the University of ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Flirting at workplace can indeed help women to get ahead and build their way to success. However, their colleagues will not like it at all, saying ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that the real problem for unemployed men is not that they cannot pay their bills, but that they actually cannot get dates, a new survey ...