Moving to a different state

engraved2008

i don't think a lot of people can handle long distance relationships. I'm not one for them myself. I know my ex accross the country feels that way as well. She wanted me to move there long ago and i didn't do it. Now i have a second chance and i feel like i am going to blow it again. I recently got out of a 4yr relationship with a girl who destroyed me financially, emotionally and physically so i feel weak and have no confidence for anything like moving that far away

Y would have moved long a go...i love that place.Me and him are no longer a couple because he did not want me to move there long time a go,I think he just did not want the commitment ...he allways said he will move down closer but he never did...even if we do not getback together...i have fond memories there and yea,we are still freinds,he likes me sexually still ,but ....we frends only,that all he wants now.

However i fell in love with the world he lives in...hope i ll have a job lined up

I've done this twice, and I highly suggest proceeding with caution.

Visiting a place and actually living there are completely different...and the grass is not always greener on the other side.I know of people who have moved to Florida because they loved it when they visited, but found that it wasn't so great after they moved there. ( I mean, really...Florida IS a sh*t hole).

Think about your decision and make sure you are moving for the RIGHT reasons.

good luck

i guess fear and family has kept me from not moving. Back in the day i couldnt make up my mind because people were telling me im crazy for wanting to move that far, family didnt want me to go. now it seems like the same is happening. She lived here for about 6months long ago, didnt like it and moved back home. That is why she doesnt want to move back here. Plus all her family is there. There is about 3,300 miles between us. Also i have a pretty good job where i am, might suck to lose it. But that doesnt matter.

as for your situ, sounds like the guy is no good. but i could be wrong.

you should find someone that cares for you other than just sex. Looks like you would have no problem finding a guy just by looking at your picture.

U right,between us were only 1700 miles,and spent money on few trips over there,he is finishing college this year,been off contact few month and we are kind of friends,but i just fell in love with the island where he lives,me too i have a good job here,but sometimes u got to take chances.So what part of world is she in and where are you ?3300,i hope ya working it out..what state is she in ?...

I know I, and many others have voiced that this situation is extraordinarly unhealthy. "Creepy and stalker-ish" is more my opinion, but it's not very supportive of me to say so. You, I, and anyone else who has read through your threads know that you are not going there because you like the city, you think it will make a man love you.

You will do what you want, so I don't see why you even ask for advice.

I say.. do it. Go stalk that ex!

Just don't be surprised if it blows up in your face.

This is a VERY bad idea, Roxana.

Please look at all your threads here. You just got married, decided to get a divorce and had a meltdown over your ex who clearly does not want you in the space of -- what, a month? Two?

You need to slow down. I honestly don't think that moving accross state lines to be closer to a guy who has gone out of his way to show you how utterly uninterested he is in you as a romantic partner is a very good idea.

Here are a few facts that you may want to at the very least *think about* while planning this move:

- Puerto Rico currently has a 44.8 percent poverty rate, three times higher than the "mainland" United States.

- Average per capita income is less than USD 10.000 per year.

- Unemployment now stands at 16.6 percent, nearly double than the US average.

- 60 percent of female-headed households in Puerto Rico now fall below the poverty thresholds.

This are a few of the MANY facts that a person must absolutely consider in their decision making process when it comes to relocating there, but you seem entirely focused on:

- The beaches are pretty

- My ex lives there.

I don't know. I just... don't know. I think, maybe taking care of your marriage (?) or divorce (!) and de-obsessing yourself from an ex who is clearly kryptonite for your self-esteem should be THE main priorities for you right now.

Or, you know, move to Puerto Rico and see how it goes.

Archived