Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Why do shy people act so stuck-up?

Just curious

i realized after having a thing for some shy guys... they act really stuck up.
    like they are too good to talk to anyone?
    Well i use to like this guy and I thought "maybe i should talk to him more"
    so i tried, and he acted so standoffish. I thought it was kind of rude? Do you think you're too good to talk to me? I figured he was shy by watching his body language in class. But why do shy people act like that?

Im not a mean girl, i meant well. Heck even throwing him a sincere compliment made him feel uneasy and acted like he was scared or didnt want to be around me?
    Whats up with that?

I have no idea how to tell if a shy person like someone. Because they often act really rude and uninterested
    does anyone else share the same experience?

I dont mean to be offensive.

I don't think shy people are "stuck up"...they are just perceived this way.

Some people just clam up when they are uncomfortable and don't talk. It's because they are nervous, not because they are "stuck up" or "too good" for you.
    I apologize in advance for any typos.

"Every road leads to your door, every step I take forever more..."

You answered your own questions. These guys are shy. They're not being stuck-up because they have little say. Shy people normally do not say much.

Shy people, or introverted people, are labeled as "stuck up" since they're not the type to go around and throw hugs at friends and strike a friendly conversation with a lot of people. It's not that they think they're better than everyone... They just try to distance themselves from people because, well, they're shy and probably easily embarrassed. Don't take it to heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post
    I don't think shy people are "stuck up"...they are just perceived this way.

Some people just clam up when they are uncomfortable and don't talk. It's because they are nervous, not because they are "stuck up" or "too good" for you.
    but they really do come off as if they are better than anyone else they don't know.
    If i wanted to hurt you, I would come out with it, i'd tell you "hey i dont like you". And thats not how i feel. I do want to get to know you, but how can I when someone acts like they are too good for anyone?

It just really irritates me. I added the guy on facebook right, and he accepted so i thought 'ok at least he doesn't hate me enough to accept my request' but whenever i say "hey how are you?" he just ignores me. I thought that was so rude. But in class he always looks at me. Whats up with that? At first i thought 'maybe he doesnt use fb too much' but he does, cause I seen his wall-feed and he was talking to this guy he always hangs out with.

And I thought how rude it was. To ignore someone like that

Quote Originally Posted by simplegirl View Post

It just really irritates me. I added the guy on facebook right, and he accepted so i thought 'ok at least he doesn't hate me enough to accept my request' but whenever i say "hey how are you?" he just ignores me. I thought that was so rude. But in class he always looks at me. Whats up with that? At first i thought 'maybe he doesnt use fb too much' but he does, cause I seen his wall-feed and he was talking to this guy he always hangs out with.

He may not be shy. A girl did this to me and she is not shy. She was not interested in me. Some people add new friends and do not know the people.

but they really do come off as if they are better than anyone else they don't know.

I know they come off that way but really, they are just shy.

I used to be horrendously shy and lots of people thought I was stuck up. I was just scared to talk to people.

Add in a bit of social awkwardness/ineptness and the fact that they may clam up, and they are going to seem like they are better than anyone else.

Shyness really cripples you, I have to tell you. You feel like you want to reach out but you just CAN'T. You really don't mean to come off poorly but you just do, sometimes without realizing it.

And Mr. Franklin is right..maybe he's not shy...maybe he's just uninterested. It can be either. But I can tell you I've been shy and been with shy people and the scenario you have described is very believable for a shy person.

But in class he always looks at me.
    Explain this part for all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post
    I know they come off that way but really, they are just shy.

I used to be horrendously shy and lots of people thought I was stuck up. I was just scared to talk to people.

Add in a bit of social awkwardness/ineptness and the fact that they may clam up, and they are going to seem like they are better than anyone else.

Shyness really cripples you, I have to tell you. You feel like you want to reach out but you just CAN'T. You really don't mean to come off poorly but you just do, sometimes without realizing it.

And Mr. Franklin is right..maybe he's not shy...maybe he's just uninterested. It can be either. But I can tell you I've been shy and been with shy people and the scenario you have described is very believable for a shy person.
    Oh I see. Its really unfortunate because I actually would want to be friends with him. Its not like I wanted to date him
    I find him to be really intriguing and judging so far, he's really intelligent
    i honestly don't know how else i could reach out to him after ignoring me like that on facebook

i want to just come out with it 'hi why do you act so stuck-up'
    i just don't think it's really nice...

Oh I see. Its really unfortunate because I actually would want to be friends with him. Its not like I wanted to date him
    I find him to be really intriguing and judging so far, he's really intelligent
    i honestly don't know how else i could reach out to him after ignoring me like that on facebook

i want to just come out with it 'hi why do you act so stuck-up'
    i just don't think it's really nice...
    You're right...it's not. It still stinks for you.
    But I think it helps to know that if the person is a shy one, that they may not mean to come off that way. It just happens. Their intentions may not be bad.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Contrary to the common belief that online dating is only for the young individuals, the new research by two Bowling Green State University professors ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
How much are men willing to spend while dating highly depends on a number of women available around them, claims a new research by the University of ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that the real problem for unemployed men is not that they cannot pay their bills, but that they actually cannot get dates, a new survey ...