Just act like you don't care.

evan123

I am finding that the more I act confidant, act like I am dating a few men, don't seem to eager to go out, tease, act like I don't care so much, let them bring up relationship stuff, and act totally unpredectable and mysterious the more the guy is interested.

Whenever I act needy, talk relationship stuff, seem to really care and make myself very available the guy I am seeing gets turned off.

It's so hard to act the first way when you truly are into someone, but sad to say I am finding that I have to or a man will loose interest. I have tested this time and time again and it is the case. Now when in an exclusive relationship it's a little bit different but somewhat the same to keep the spice going. My friends, men and women agree as well.

Do you agree? Is this just men or women as well? Is this just the way it is and human nature working at it's best??????

i found out that im going to be who i am. i am a sensitive guy. and i know there are things i need to work on and of course it takes time. i cant change myself to please someone else. i can work with it but thats who i am. you will find someone that will accept you and understand you for who you are. thats what i look for.

i ALWAYS think its a good idea in all aspects of life. well, not acting like you dont care... rather, in the words of vince lombardi, act like youve been there before.

im embarassed for people who gets so excited over something it makes them look like XYZ never happened before.

so when you go out, dont act like this is the only person in the world who desires you hahaha.

There needs to be a good balance of hot and cold, acting like you don't care is a turn off for me. But going too fast is just as bad, for either men or women.

I've found it best to live in the moment, have fun. Don't focus on labels, don't get jealous or insecure, just enjoy the time you have together, and if it's working well, neither partner will want to leave.

I think acting like you don't care might get men interested but you get the WRONG men interested. You'll get men who think you're a challenge, rather than being attracted to the person you really are. You shouldn't lay all your cards on the table either. A poster said it right, its a balance. Don't keep everything in, but don't lay it all out either. A relationship is a steady dance in getting to know each other. Too much can tip the tray and too little will leave it empty and false.

Funny we are talking about this in another thread "a man chases a woman until she catches him"...I think it is absolutely true. I also would say not to act like you "don't care" but it's more like doing everything that you don't want to do. Don't call, don't text, (unless they gave you their number and it's the first time you're calling them or they told you to call them), don't ask them on a date. Leave it up to them. Show the guy that you have a busy life of your own and you don't really need them. You don't want to be rude though. This is the hardest thing for me because it just feels so wrong. It takes a lot of discipline and self-control. But in the end, it's worth it.

Archived