Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Trying to find a good woman in her late twenties.

I turned 27 today.

I've realized a few things.

It seems to me, that good woman tend to get taken early in their twenties.

All the truly amazing woman I meet are already married, and the single one's I'm either not attracted to or they have some serious issues that I just can't work around. (to be honest, the attraction thing isn't even purely visual, if a woman is fair enough, I find something about her cute and she has a good personality then I'm willing to open the door to get to know her better, but even that is hard to find)

I've thought about dating younger woman, but honestly, it's hard for me to connect with them. Maybe the age thing is a big deal. Its as if the things that are important to a young 22 year old girl are completely vapid and pointless to me, and the things that are important to me, make me an old man in her eyes. LoL.

It's hard enough to meet people my age. Meeting a good cache seems damn near impossible.

I work in a technical field that is almost entirely men older than me.

Been trying to be more involved in social things outside of work. However I find that the people I usually find at these gatherings are married couples. I feel weird as a lone single guy in a sea of married couples.

I don't like bars and clubs, and the women I've met there in the past are not the type of people I really want to have a relationship with.

There may be plenty of fish in the sea but the only one's left to catch are crabs and you're not even that close to the sea to begin with.

[QUOTE=KileOriginal;4350640]I turned 27 today.

All the truly amazing woman I meet are already married, and the single one's I'm either not attracted to or they have some serious issues that I just can't work around. (to be honest, the attraction thing isn't even purely visual, if a woman is fair enough, I find something about her cute and she has a good personality then I'm willing to open the door to get to know her better, but even that is hard to find)

All you gotta do is wait for them to get divorced.

[QUOTE=bungalo;4350642]
    Quote Originally Posted by KileOriginal View Post
    I turned 27 today.

All you gotta do is wait for them to get divorced.
    Yup. Or, if you're impatient, date women in the early 30's who are already divorced. BUT, make sure they had some time in their 20's to be the center of attention party girl, because if she didn't get it out of here system them, she will be now and you don't want to be around for that.

Well, I have to say that I'm definitely not ready to date, trying to heal from the break up of a 6 year relationship. But looking to the future, I do have the same fears about meeting a good man around my age. There are good people out there, but as you say, many of them that I meet are married, or in serious relationships. I'm at the point where no one compares to my ex, and I'm way too fragile to even consider dating someone else while I am still very hung up on him.

But, I consider myself a good woman, and 29. I am smart, attractive, funny, have interests outside of the vapid and pointless... And hopefully my confidence is coming back. So we are out there.

Hello KileOriginal,

I can sympathize with you. I am only 24 but ive always had an older way about me. I get along with older ppl much more then ppl my own age and younger. Like you i dont enjoy the bar scene, nor do i enjoy over crowded areas. most of the time i get invited out are to friends places where everybody is "taken" or their trying to set me up with a friend of theirs who, not to be mean, but is in another league then me. I just keep trying to tell myself that the right girl will be there when the time comes. All i have to do is wait and i hope the wait isnt too long.

Good luck my friend, the sea is vast and the right type of fish is out there....somewhere
    Men live in a fantasy world. I know this because I am one, and I actually receive my mail there.
    Teddy Bear

Have you tried E-Harmony, the relationship site? All people looking for a relationship I think should have a profile on there, it is best to put yourself out there!

I think looking to date women in their 30's is a good idea also.

Platinum Member
    This is all a bit over-dramatic, I think. There are plenty of people out there in their late 20s, male and female, looking for a long-term relationship who have no serous baggage. I'm one of them. I haven't had a ton of trouble meeting women in the same category either.

And about dating "younger" girls, I think you need to shake this prejudice you have, because every woman is different. I've dated a 23 year old who was more mature than almost every 25+ year old I've dated. Age sometimes really is just a number, it's more about how that person was raised and what their life experiences have been.

Silver Member
    Just for the record, there are good people in bars. If you consider yourself a nice catch and you walk into a bar, does that automatically change who you are? I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    And about dating "younger" girls, I think you need to shake this prejudice you have, because every woman is different. I've dated a 23 year old who was more mature than almost every 25+ year old I've dated. Age sometimes really is just a number, it's more about how that person was raised and what their life experiences have been.
    This. I'm almost 24 and I'm established in my career, live by myself, and I'm not interested in celebrity gossip and ponies and rainbows. There are younger women who have their stuff together and are mature. I've been told by folks that in terms of the way I act, I seem more like I'm in my late twenties than my early twenties.

Silver Member
    I think it might depend on what part of the country you live in. I'm from NYC, I'm 28 and single and I've got plenty of single friends my age (mostly "normal"), it does get more challenging to find someone the older you get, but I think that's because you're more sure of what you are looking for in another person and won't accept anything less.

When I was 21 I was dating left and right because I was much less selective in who I went out with...perhaps because I was just after a good time.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Contrary to the common belief that online dating is only for the young individuals, the new research by two Bowling Green State University professors ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
How much are men willing to spend while dating highly depends on a number of women available around them, claims a new research by the University of ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that the real problem for unemployed men is not that they cannot pay their bills, but that they actually cannot get dates, a new survey ...