He's got a ring on middle finger..any meanings?

xyzzzz

For the guy I have a crush on..I noticed he's got a ring on his middle finger..sometimes he doesnt wear it sometimes he does..will there be any meaning under it? Or highy possile it's from his gf (if he has one)?Cuz I thought single guys dont really wear such thing...

This is what I found on the web:

A black ring (usually hematite) on the middle finger of the right hand is a universal, but not well-known, symbol of asexuality.

Do you guys talk? If so, why not just ask him if he has a gf?

Ummm... No.

back in my early 20's i wore a lot of rings on different fingers that i had bought, and i was witha gf back then, but i wore them for me. not for her.

Plus she and i had varying wardrobes anyway. I was more alternative. So could be this guy. Its most likely a statement of individuality.

Why not just ask him if there's any significance to the ring? And is this the same guy you've ben posting about xyyzzz? You still don't know if he has an SO?

hmm? i dont remember if ive posted him before? but we just talked once and I havent asked him about the ring. Besides I never saw him wearing this ring before...oh actually it just reminded me..quite a long time ago I saw him wear a different ring..

Ummm... No.

back in my early 20's i wore a lot of rings on different fingers that i had bought, and i was witha gf back then, but i wore them for me. not for her.

Plus she and i had varying wardrobes anyway. I was more alternative. So could be this guy. Its most likely a statement of individuality.

Why not just ask him if there's any significance to the ring? And is this the same guy you've ben posting about xyyzzz? You still don't know if he has an SO?

I just feel if it really is very possible from a SO, I dont even wanna bother talking to him anymore..

However my friends say he doesnt look like he has a gf..lol Im surprised such thing can be observed?

I wouldn't think too much about it. A lot of sort "artsy/alternative" guys I know wear rings simply because they like the way they look. I personally (female) wear a ring on my middle finger that one of my best female friends bought for me when I visited her in my hometown.

You could always say something to him like that you like your ring and does it have any special significance to him? A lot of rings do for people - so I don't think it's too weird a question.

I think it probably means he has a ring that he likes to wear sometimes.

Why don't you just ask him if he has a girlfriend? It doesn't have to be that direct question. Ask him what he's up to this weekend (or any upcoming weekend). If he doesn't mention a girlfriend, say something like "No plans with your girlfriend then?" & he will either say "Well, she is doing xyz" which tells you he has one, or the obvious "Oh, I don't have a girlfriend".

Why spend so much energy analyzing this when you can just talk to him & find out??

Why don't you just ask him if he has a girlfriend?

Why spend so much energy analyzing this when you can just talk to him & find out??

I see so many threads here on ENA about this topic. Personally it frustrates me to no end, how people choose to over analyze and suffer through their thoughts instead of seizing the moment and finding out.

I understand confidences are different for everybody, or a lack thereof, but being a former shy guy i can no longer accept how people choose self-inflicted-anxiety instead of asking one simple question.

However my friends say he doesnt look like he has a gf..lol Im surprised such thing can be observed?

You know what they say about ASSumptions right?

You make an ass out of you and umption. Don't believe anything until that person tells you otherwise or see it with your own eyes. You can't observe such things from behavior!

Perhaps he likes to flip people off in style, lol. That is actually not a bad idea.

Seriously, there is only one way to find out what that ring means. Ask him about it. As for the "man-meat" part, I am going to pretend like I never read that. It was just too silly, even for me.

As for the "man-meat" part, I am going to pretend like I never read that. It was just too silly, even for me.

yeah maybe that friend is just a jerk.. promissory ring is possible tho..the thing is i barely know him,he barely knows me and it sounds inappropriate to ask about his gf.but eventually i'll have to ask anywayz.

alli.... lol so true. oh man i wish i had this problem. I WISH... maybe he's a stonecutter? or a cummunist? or in the skulls? no no and no again. lol it's just a ring. i used to wear a ring i had on my middle finnger cos i loved it and it only fit there. problem solvered.

xxxxx

yeah maybe that friend is just a jerk.. promissory ring is possible tho..the thing is i barely know him,he barely knows me and it sounds inappropriate to ask about his gf.but eventually i'll have to ask anywayz.

What I'm trying to say is, say something like, "what a nice ring, you can flip people off in style!" Most likely, his response will give you a clue without being too forward.

maybe he's the guardian of the ring.. taking it back to whence it came... bilbo baggins style.....

i honeslty think you worrying about nothing xxxxxxxxxxx

wwell im just tooo afraid to hear" oh my gf XXXX" lol

hmm anyway just finger crossed he is single..seems every guy is taken..the hard thing is i have to think about all the ideas about how to get his number how to ask him out..usually its guy's work and im frustrated..

have you considered that you dont NEED to ask him out?? women have ways... you can flirt with him enough he'll get the hint and hopefully ask you out.... then if not..... you have plan A.. it usually takes some patience but by laying the seeds of thought... by flirty comments or letting his friends know you think he's fit.... well eventually most guys will act on that..

Archived