Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Silver Member

He's got a ring on middle finger..any meanings?

For the guy I have a crush on..I noticed he's got a ring on his middle finger..sometimes he doesnt wear it sometimes he does..will there be any meaning under it? Or highy possile it's from his gf (if he has one)?Cuz I thought single guys dont really wear such thing...

To be honest, I don't think the ring means anything.

Now if it was on his ring finger, that's a different story.

Silver Member
    Cuz so far one of my friend says it could be his "man-meat" ring and it is from his gf

This is what I found on the web:

A black ring (usually hematite) on the middle finger of the right hand is a universal, but not well-known, symbol of asexuality.

Do you guys talk? If so, why not just ask him if he has a gf?

Ummm... No.

back in my early 20's i wore a lot of rings on different fingers that i had bought, and i was witha gf back then, but i wore them for me. not for her.

Plus she and i had varying wardrobes anyway. I was more alternative. So could be this guy. Its most likely a statement of individuality.

Why not just ask him if there's any significance to the ring? And is this the same guy you've ben posting about xyyzzz? You still don't know if he has an SO?

Silver Member
    hmm? i dont remember if ive posted him before? but we just talked once and I havent asked him about the ring. Besides I never saw him wearing this ring before...oh actually it just reminded me..quite a long time ago I saw him wear a different ring..

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomadic Intent View Post
    Ummm... No.

back in my early 20's i wore a lot of rings on different fingers that i had bought, and i was witha gf back then, but i wore them for me. not for her.

Plus she and i had varying wardrobes anyway. I was more alternative. So could be this guy. Its most likely a statement of individuality.

Why not just ask him if there's any significance to the ring? And is this the same guy you've ben posting about xyyzzz? You still don't know if he has an SO?
    I just feel if it really is very possible from a SO, I dont even wanna bother talking to him anymore..
    However my friends say he doesnt look like he has a gf..lol Im surprised such thing can be observed?

I wouldn't think too much about it. A lot of sort "artsy/alternative" guys I know wear rings simply because they like the way they look. I personally (female) wear a ring on my middle finger that one of my best female friends bought for me when I visited her in my hometown.

You could always say something to him like that you like your ring and does it have any special significance to him? A lot of rings do for people - so I don't think it's too weird a question.

I think it probably means he has a ring that he likes to wear sometimes.

Why don't you just ask him if he has a girlfriend? It doesn't have to be that direct question. Ask him what he's up to this weekend (or any upcoming weekend). If he doesn't mention a girlfriend, say something like "No plans with your girlfriend then?" & he will either say "Well, she is doing xyz" which tells you he has one, or the obvious "Oh, I don't have a girlfriend".

Why spend so much energy analyzing this when you can just talk to him & find out??

Quote Originally Posted by alli View Post

Why don't you just ask him if he has a girlfriend?

Why spend so much energy analyzing this when you can just talk to him & find out??
    I see so many threads here on ENA about this topic. Personally it frustrates me to no end, how people choose to over analyze and suffer through their thoughts instead of seizing the moment and finding out.

I understand confidences are different for everybody, or a lack thereof, but being a former shy guy i can no longer accept how people choose self-inflicted-anxiety instead of asking one simple question.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Contrary to the common belief that online dating is only for the young individuals, the new research by two Bowling Green State University professors ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
How much are men willing to spend while dating highly depends on a number of women available around them, claims a new research by the University of ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that the real problem for unemployed men is not that they cannot pay their bills, but that they actually cannot get dates, a new survey ...