Measuring how many times you had sex in one night...

Jpo

I noticed that people occasionally mention that they had sex with someone [insert_number] times in one night. But how do you measure when one sex session ends and the next one starts?

I mean, if you are going for 4 hours straight and never take a break, is that just one time? I also noticed that women seem to believe it should be measured by the number of times that a guy orgasms, but why not how many times the women orgasms (or both together)? And by that logic, if the guy doesn't orgasm, does that mean you had sex zero times that night? (Hahaha, I just know someone is going to take that and use it as an excuse why they are still a virgin. )

So how do you measure it?

And why does this even matter? Well it just does! They fate of the world rests in the answers we get here.

I usually measure it by the breaks we take from sexual activity. Like if we're going at it, then stop penetration to do oral for 10 minutes, then back to penetration, that's still one time. If we stop and decide to nap/shower/eat etc before going at it again, that's 2 times.

OK, so an Italian, a Frenchman, and an American board the same train to somewhere. After they get bored playing cards, they begin to brag about their sexual prowess.

The Italian says "last night, I made love to my wife three times, and in the morning she told me what a wonderful lover I was.

The Frenchman says "last night, I made love to my wife five times, and in the morning she told me that I was the best of all her lovers, past and present."

The American says nothing.

Finally, the Europeans can't take the suspense any more and the Italian asks the American: "So, how many times did you make love to your wife last night?"

"Just once."

Barely able to contain a smirk, the Frenchman asks "And what did she say to you in the morning?"

"Don't stop."

Without getting tooooo graphic...

When it goes down (usually do to orgasm) and you have to wait a period of time (refractory period) and/or do something else before it's even able to come back up. That's one session.

It's totally dependent on the guy. I have no idea how a lesbian couple would count their "sessions". They could just keep going and going and going...

I think it's more about how many times the guy cums, because that's usually a bigger of a deal than when the woman cums. You know why? because we can cum and cum and cum again,lol. The refractory period for us can be just a few minutes. I don't like to do it more than 3 or 4 in a row when I'm with a partner tho and usually because the mental excitement goes away after that and I can't stimulate my mind enough to orgasm, physically I have no problem.

I measure by the number of times he cums or if we take a break in between. I have to admit, it really impresses me (and makes me happy! when a guy can cum a few times in a row.

When it goes down (usually do to orgasm) and you have to wait a period of time (refractory period) and/or do something else before it's even able to come back up. That's one session.

It's totally dependent on the guy. I have no idea how a lesbian couple would count their "sessions". They could just keep going and going and going...

yup. but i honestly dont count. my ex and i would "have sex" 3 times, every time and i would just call it once. not that anybody is particularly interested in the details of my sex life anyway.

Okay... well, that makes it confusing. I, personally, don't go down by the time I'm ready to go again. Sometimes, I can go right back at it, but definitely count it as a new session because most guys seem to not be able to.

Lol, we'd be done and she'd go to clean up and I'd come in the bathroom, still ready to go, and go "wooh, all that great sex made me horny!"... usually which resulted in some fun teasing and her telling me to go behave myself.

Okay... well, that makes it confusing. I, personally, don't go down by the time I'm ready to go again. Sometimes, I can go right back at it, but definitely count it as a new session because most guys seem to not be able to.

Lol, we'd be done and she'd go to clean up and I'd come in the bathroom, still ready to go, and go "wooh, all that great sex made me horny!"... usually which resulted in some fun teasing and her telling me to go behave myself.

Yeah one time I orgasmed, but never lost my erection and kept going until I orgasmed again. I'd hate to think that only counts as one.

I agree with DrKitten. If I were to measure how many times, that's how I'd go about it. Any other way and we would run into the problems you mentioned, jpo.

Usually I prefer to think in terms of quality though. *I had really great sex last night* instead of *I had sex 8 times last night*

I don't know, I think the quality of sex is better with a resting period in between, say sex before sleep, then sex right when waking. The only times consecutive 15-30 minute break sex will be enjoyable is if both parties are relatively turned on, but I'd say quality over quantity.

On the topic, I measure by how many times my man ejaculates. I usually tease him that I tired him out x number of times last night or something...

I noticed that people occasionally mention that they had sex with someone [insert_number] times in one night. But how do you measure when one sex session ends and the next one starts?

One "sexytime" cycle must satisfy the following conditions:

- One male orgasm, OR enough female orgasms that you have to take a break for long enough that you would become flaccid under natural circumstances. (ie, must contain one refractory period, or female equivalent)

- The break may include foreplay/messing around.

- Stopping halfway through sex to fool around some then going back at it does not count as a break.

I mean, if you are going for 4 hours straight and never take a break, is that just one time?

Yes, though if you can go for 4 hours straight, you probably aren't too fussed about keeping score.

I also noticed that women seem to believe it should be measured by the number of times that a guy orgasms, but why not how many times the women orgasms (or both together)?

Because no-one would take me seriously

Archived